Hello all, what's been going on?
  Re: (...)
Gosh I have been so busy lately. Wanted to say hello to everyone and catch up on all the news...

My book hit the 3 major online bookstores and I have been deluged with email (Barnes, Amazon and Borders, even a few of the smaller bookstores). Now things are starting to slow down a bit. Then my computer was down for 4 days slowed me a up a bit more. I seem to be caught up now.

The remodel/renovation should start tomorrow or Monday. I think it will be Monday, who wants to start a job on a Friday! I will find some time to get progress pictures online.

Not much else going on. I will start reading post to get caught up with everyone. Looks like a few new faces on here too. Hope to get to know you all soon.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Hello all, what's been going on? by luvnit (Gosh I have been so ...)
congratulations, Laura!!! That's wonderful news!

We're all the same, still hangin' around here. I'm in the same remodeling boat as you - we spent yesterday appliance comparing and shopping. We now know what we're going to do and now, I can hardly wait.

Welcome back - there is another dinner review scheduled to be reviewed May 26th - grilled ribs, so you have time to join us. You can cook outside and out of the mess...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hello all, what's been going on? by luvnit (Gosh I have been so ...)
I'm glad the book is doing well, sorry about your @#$!&* computer, and it's nice to see you back. You've been missed!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hello all, what's been going on? by cjs (congratulations, Lau...)
Yay! I can grill outside for sure, so I should be able to participate.

Hi Jean! How exciting! What are you doin' for your remodel? If you need any consumer report info on appliances let me know. I have a bunch. We joined their online thing.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Hello all, what's been going on? by luvnit (Yay! I can grill ou...)
Hey Laura, good to see you back. How cool is that, your book selling like hotcakes!!!!
How great for all those kids involved too.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hello all, what's been going on? by farnfam (Hey Laura, good to s...)
I agree Cis! The kids sure will benifit from the great sales! Laura, I am so proud of the work you've done and doing! The parents will be able to "cope" so much better and help those kids have a much more productive life! Good for you!!!!!

Oh, forgot...I lost my brother (55) a couple weeks ago, YS is graduating next Friday, had to get a new car, SCHOOL'S ALMOST OUT! I think that's about all the big news.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hello all, what's been going on? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree Cis! The ki...)
I am just trying to figure out if it is worth it driving like I am to be a cog in a corporate wheel...have an interview coming up closer to the Minnesota boarder and closer to friends and family (read new house if I get it) not sure as they just started their search and I was the first candidate contacted...I didn't contact them, they contacted me.

Still waiting for final loan approval for a new car for Holly as the van is about dead. Work is awful and getting worse almost daily. I was hired for one thing and now that I am there I have been sent to places as far away as 6 hours one way and am being assigned to a place over two hours away and at a lower level of management and for less money than I was "hired at." Gotta love a lack luster economy.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Hello all, what's been going on? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree Cis! The ki...)
Daphne, I'm very sorry about the loss of your brother, I must have missed that along the way. My condolences to your family, what a sad thing.

Hi, Laura, welcome back! Congrats on the book sales! I'd be eager to start the remodel, too, with a stove like that waiting for me.

Hang in there, LJ, I know it sucks right now. Here's hoping the new prospect works out for you, my fingers are crossed.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hello all, what's been going on? by pjcooks (Daphne, I'm very sor...)
Good to see you, Erin, and congrats on the book sale!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Hello all, what's been going on? by Lorraine (Good to see you, Eri...)
Thanks PJ, I didn't post this on the board, as it was a very tragic situation and very difficult to deal with at the time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.