1 small yellow beet
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup sugar

2 oz. Dungeness Crab
1 tbsp - mayonnaise
1 tsp shallots minced
1/8 english cucumber - minced - seeds removed peel left on

2 oz Ahi Tuna - Minced - Mix with small amount of lemon Juice and Evoo
place in refrigerator - Salt when ready to make.

6 Wonton sheets
4 c. oil

1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 c. ketchup

Mix shiracha, mayonnaise, sour cream and ketchup , set aside.
Fine dice yellow beets, simmer 5 min. with vinegar, sugar, and 1 cup water
until tender.
Fine dice avocado, toss with lemon juice, chop and mix crab with mayonnaise and shallots, Fine dice cucumbers and tuna.

Cut wontons on a diagonal. Fry in oil to crisp.

Using a tower mold. ( we used a Tuna Can and acitate paper to make it higher.)
Place a tbsp of avocado, followed by beets, crab, cucumber and Tuna.

Place Shirach sauce on plate, add tower and chips.
Place Shirach Sauce on plate and take fork or a (Cake tool to make lines in
frosting and spread out the sauce.) Place tower on top and gently
push up on the mold to remove.

Had this Salad in a Cooking Class and was very good - impressive to see.

would be a nice summer salad.

enjoy
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Fancy Salad - Ahi Tuna Tartare and Dungeness Crab by mjkcooking ([br]2 Servings[br][b...)
Oh Marye - sounds delicious! I still have my stacker mold set from years ago when we were stacking everything in the world. Had more fun with those - the dishes always looked so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fancy Salad - Ahi Tuna Tartare and Dungeness Crab by cjs (Oh Marye - sounds de...)
That sounds incredible. I've had something somewhat similar at The Yardhouse.
  Re: Re: Fancy Salad - Ahi Tuna Tartare and Dungeness by Trixxee (That sounds incredib...)

The Chef used Small pvc pipe cut to one or 2 inches and used clear
accitate to finish the stacking salad - unmolded easy -

was very good - the hot sauce on bottom was very tasty too.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Fancy Salad - Ahi Tuna Tartare and Dungeness by mjkcooking ([br]The Chef used Sm...)
Sounds very good...can you imagine this being popular in Iowa Marye? I just taught a class with the "main" dish being Cream of Broccoli Soup BY SPECIAL REQUEST...it was good as it was my Share Our Strength recipe for review and comment as well. Two birds one stone...but you get my idea...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Fancy Salad - Ahi Tuna Tartare and Dungeness by firechef (Sounds very good...c...)

I suppose not for the salad - maybe in Des Moines - it was truly a great
salad. - the high School Culinary Class took this to Nationals and came in
7th place over all

Hey lj - did you enjoy teaching the class ?

My sister is coming to Iowa next week - and hoping to take a class
at the Winery in Navoo.
  Re: Re: Fancy Salad - Ahi Tuna Tartare and Dungeness by mjkcooking ([br]I suppose not fo...)
That pvc piping is wonderful for molding, I use it a lot for catering.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fancy Salad - Ahi Tuna Tartare and Dungeness by cjs (That pvc piping is w...)
I work the next 6 days and then have the long Memorial Day weekend off and we are headed to Southern Hills Winery one of the days of that weekend...if we are all feeling better.

The teaching has been a blast. The place I am using is rapidly turning into a "dive bar and grill golf course" so it is odd bringing in a bunch of older ladies that are all "proper" and such. We are done until fall when the golfers are not there from dawn to dawn playing golf and eating greasy burgers and drinking watered down beer. I did 20 classes in five weeks with a class size of 15 and did two classes of each subject. I had people from 8 different counties. I managed to fit in my work with Chef Besh as well in that time frame down in Waukee.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)