Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LEMONS
  Re: (...)
Roasted Lemons! Have you ever had them? This was my first experience in roasting them and I just absolutely loved them. This was a terrific dish. If you're into seeing pictures of what the dish looks like and more discussion about it, I devoted a blog post to it here .

Sauteed Chicken with Olives, Capers and Roasted Lemons

¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 medium lemons, sliced ¼-inch thick
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup pitted green Sicilian or Spanish olives, sliced
2 Tbs drained capers
1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
3 Tbs unsalted butter, cut into small dice
2 Tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil on the parchment, then arrange the lemon slices in a single layer. Drizzle the lemons lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minute, until the lemons begin to brown around the edges.

2. In a deep medium skillet, heat the remaining ¼ cup of oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dust with the flour, shaking off the excess. Cook the chicken over high heat, turning once, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add olives, capers and stock and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until stock is reduced by about two-thirds, about 5 minutes. Add the roasted lemons, butter and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer just until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute.

3. Transfer the chicken to plates and spoon the sauce on top.

Servings: 4
Cooking Tips
*Great served with rice or roasted potatoes.

Recipe Source
Modified from Food and Wine
Lori
http://www.RecipeGirl.com

"Everything tastes better with wine"
  Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LEMONS by SDRecipeGirl (Roasted Lemons! Hav...)
Oooohh, that sounds good, easy and inexpensive. I'll have to print this out. Thank you, SD!
  Re: Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LE by Trixxee (Oooohh, that sounds ...)
duly copied!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LEMONS by SDRecipeGirl (Roasted Lemons! Hav...)
Looks really good and really easy--goes in the book!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Looks really good - like this could be dinner tonight - we have lemons, olives, capers, chicken. Thanks for posting.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LE by Harborwitch (Looks really good - ...)
Wow! This looks REALLY good! I've done something similar with salmon, but not with roasted lemons...raw. This will change. Copied and saved here too! Thanks for sharing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sauteed Chicken w/ Olives, Capers & ROASTED LE by Gourmet_Mom (Wow! This looks REA...)
this looks really good! I love lemon -

will be trying soon.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.