Cookin' At Subway, Etc.
  Re: (...)
It's supposed to be 100° today and near there the next 5 days or so, so if I'm not up real early I'm going to be eating out. I got up early this morning 7:00 AM and it was already 69°, so I put a Stouffer's Lasagna in the oven [a big one] for the next day or two. Monday I've got to go to Portland to have my staples out and it's supposed to be cooler there by a few degrees.

Got my Apache Purple tomatoes yesterday but am afraid to put them out in the front garden because it's so hot. Afraid they'll die from heat prostitution

Today is my second day since my pancreas has settled down, so hopefully it'll stay that way and I can lead a normal life.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Cookin' At Subway, Etc. by bjcotton (It's supposed to be ...)
Spew!!!!!!!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Cookin' At Subway, Etc. by Harborwitch (Spew!!!!!!!!! [im...)
Nice to see the wit back in action!

Oh Billy! I hate the weather is not cooperating! My Cherokee purple has 4 little tomatoes on it. I am soooo excited. My yellow pear tomatoes has a problem. Maybe someone can help. The leaves have some brown spots on them and some are turning yellow. It has two tomatoes on it, but the plant isn't looking too good. HELP!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cookin' At Subway, Etc. by Gourmet_Mom (Nice to see the wit ...)
Apache purple? Cherokee purple? Gotta make sure you two don't start some tribal warfare!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Cookin' At Subway, Etc. by labradors (Apache purple? Cher...)
That's right Labs since I'm part Cherokee Might get booted out of the tribe...right, I'm 1/8th or 1/16th or something like that. Think I'll water them good and put them in the L of the house where the sun doesn't hit for long while I'm gone.

It's 5:00 PM and it's still 97.3°

Billy
  Re: Re: Cookin' At Subway, Etc. by bjcotton (That's right Labs si...)
My great, great grandmother was a Cherokee Squaw from NC. I have a picture of her--striking in her beauty--and I understand quite strong in her ways--just like the rest of my family. We could be blood brothers some day--? Maybe in spirit.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
At 7:06 it's 98.5. It hit 103 here today - and I've had enough. At least it's cooler in the house. The hot tub is 112 - with just the sun heating it. Guess we'll skip that tonight!

My Grandmother was supposedly part (I can't remember now) Sioux or Cherokee. I've got to get back to Ancestry.com and get busy.

Billy it's good to see you back, and we're so glad you're feeling better!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Billy, is that normal for your part of the world? Sure doesn't sound like it would be. What's goin' on over there?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cookin' At Subway, Etc. by Mare749 (Billy, is that norma...)
I would love that kind of weather. We hit the upper 70s and will be near 90F next week...only problem, in my warped mind it ain't summer 'til the old thermometer reads 100F plus...gosh I miss Phoenix...anywho...

Hope the weather cooperates for you Billy...seems like just a few weeks ago we were complaining about the snow and cold lasting too long. Kinda makes us look silly whining about what we can't control...ya think?

As for you "Indians" I am Greek and French Canadian and know that there is some Kennebunc and Mohawk flowing through these veins...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Cookin' At Subway, Etc. by Mare749 (Billy, is that norma...)
It's not normal for this time of year. Maybe mid to late summer we might hit those temperatures, but not in May for heaven sake. By Tuesday and Wednesday it's supposed to be normal again, lower 70's.

Billy