FINALLY
  Re: (...)
Guess what I found in the mail box tonight? The current Cuisine at Home and the Weeknight Menus book...as for the magazine I have not had a chance to check it out but the front and rear covers of the Weeknight Menus looks like a meal to me...

I am sure I will repeat some of the stuff everyone has talked about but since when can we not rehash dishes we have all enjoyed?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: FINALLY by firechef (Guess what I found i...)
Oh honey...please repeat. You hit the jackpot! To get THIS month AND the Weeknight Menus book at the same time...LOL! You're gonna be busy for a while. I just hope you can actually find time to cook at home in the next few months. You have GOT to land another gig! You know...No, I won't jinx it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: FINALLY by Gourmet_Mom (Oh honey...please re...)
Go read the thread about what everyone has been up to...you'll love how things are going. If one thing works out I might just get a new house out of all of this...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: FINALLY by firechef (Go read the thread a...)
Which weeknight did you get? Vol. one or two?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: FINALLY by cjs (Which weeknight did ...)
I think one...it has a wonderful sounding and looking bacon wrapped cider pork steaks with marmalade sweet potatoes and sauteed spinach on the cover.

The back cover looks yum-o as well...
  Re: Re: FINALLY by firechef (I think one...it has...)
the Pork Marsala w/fettuccine is very good, Maryann & Rox both made the Asian Pork Sandwich and liked it, I didn't find anything special about the Bacon-cider pork, but the sweet potatoes fries were good.

cis made and really liked the fish tacos - they are sure on my list....oh, I haVe halibut in the freezer - yes! The shrimp kebabs w/creamed corn - great flavors.

that's about all I know on that issue. Have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com