What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturday??
  Re: (...)
We're having my B'day dinner review - the Asian Lime Ribs. Will do the oven part this a.m. and enjoy the outside tonight to finish them off. (a little birdie told me the sauce is wonderful....getting anxious )

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturday?? by cjs (We're having my B'da...)
Same thing, Jean, asian lime ribs. I put the rub on them last night. Good idea to bake ahead. That will make it easier to finish off later. Think I'll do that too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturday?? by Mare749 (Same thing, Jean, as...)
What ever my mother has me grill at her house this afternoon as I am spending my only day off of the week helping at her house today...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturd by firechef (What ever my mother ...)
Ah the power of modern communications...my Mother is officially Iowa-ified. She has four boneless skinless chicken breasts marinating in Italian dressing for me to grill after I till and plant her garden and install a couple more window air conditioners. I am grilling a foil wrapped "package" of small red potatoes and zucchini with olive oil, butter and some salt and pepper and I will be doing some burst cherry tomatoes as well.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturd by firechef (Ah the power of mode...)
I got a great deal on big thick cut rib pork chops yesterday. Not sure what I'll marinate them in yet. I hope the rain stops, as I want to grill them. I've got lots of cherry tomatoes, so I'll saute some in fresh herbs.

" She has four boneless skinless chicken breasts marinating in Italian dressing "

LJ, I know lots of people who must be Iowa-ians!!

Edited to add....I found a package of puff pastry in the freezer, so am thawing it. I have some apples that need ed a home, so peeled and sliced them, sauteed them in buttr in maple sugar, gave them a good dose of Single Harvest Madeira, and they are cooling. Apple Turnovers for dessert!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturd by Lorraine (I got a great deal o...)
It is good but BORING Lorraine...

My mother and her husband were so adventurous before he became so ill. Now it is back to the basics. When I was little and again when I first move here we'd start marinating by opening the spice cabinet and seeing what MIGHT go good together and go from there...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturd by firechef (It is good but BORIN...)
LJ, it's Haute Cuisine for some folks I know! I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the chops. Any suggestion? One person will only eat it plain, S&P, that's all. Me and the other one (who is getting back from Palm Springs some time today) will try anything!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturd by Lorraine (LJ, it's Haute Cuisi...)
Try "side sauces" P.F. Chang style??? Different tastes of parts of Asia or North American BBQs or Europe??? Just ideas...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturd by firechef (Try "side sauces" P....)
I'm sending sunshine your way, Lorraine. (but, I'm not trading!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner This Summer Evening - Saturd by cjs (I'm sending sunshine...)
Gatsby's pizza, sausage, green pepper, and black olives. Greg across the street owns the place so I get the "good neighbor" discount. ;-) It's VERY good.

Anyway, too busy to cook today, golf tourneys, horse race, NASCAR... no time for the kitchen.
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.