Secret Passions...
  Re: (...)
Anyone have any secret passions in the food world???

Mine is Captain Crunch Berries cereal...LOVE the stuff. Don't get it often but just got a "Mega-Lo-Mart" huge box of the stuff and opened it this morning. Saturday morning cartoons and Captain Crunch Berries, talk about a trip down memory lane...I even called my best friend from the elementary days and talked about riding our bikes and playing football and baseball and going to the old arcade with our report cards to get free tokens for the games...first time we have talked in nearly 15 years...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Secret Passions... by firechef (Anyone have any secr...)
Gosh, there are sooo many. I guess if I had to pin it down to one, it would have to be my grandmother's biscuits and molasses. It has been a long time. That reminds that I need to pin down her recipe this summer.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Secret Passions... by firechef (Anyone have any secr...)
I have been craving Captain Crunch lately. Cereal-wise; Bob and I both have a passion for Sugar Pop, of course we remember the Andy Devine commercials too.

Regular food - A loaf of perfect crusty bread, still warm with sweet creamy butter with a bottle of Cotes du Rhone!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Secret Passions... by Harborwitch (I have been craving ...)
I love junk food somebody's frozen burritos....Whenever Roy's out of town (shoot, doesn't happen often now), I sneak to the store and have a couple for breakfast....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Secret Passions... by Harborwitch (I have been craving ...)
Quote:

with a bottle of Cotes du Rhone!

Saliva flowing.... I'm a huge syrah/shiraz fan.
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Re: Secret Passions... by buzzard767 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
oh.... I have to say Vanilla Ice Cream - has to be good brand

I only like Vanilla - but it is truely a passion.

When on vacation - 4 p.m. becomes the time when I start lookig for

Ice Cream - yum.

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Secret Passions... by mjkcooking (oh.... I have to s...)
French fries....I just love them. But I hate fresh cut fries. And I must eat them with mayo.

Uber junk food for me...shoot potato chips and cheese puffs. Not cheeto's (although I love those too).
  Re: Re: Secret Passions... by DFen911 (French fries....I ju...)
French fries and mayo are the perfect combo!

Can't remember who it is - some brand of "kettle chips" that do a Thai flavor, oh those are capable of causing some serious dietary malfunctions.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Secret Passions... by Harborwitch (French fries and may...)
I love a ham sandwich with dill pickles and Hellmans. Thats all.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Secret Passions... by Harborwitch (French fries and may...)
Quote:

French fries and mayo are the perfect combo!

Almost.

For me, it's French fries with ranch dressing. I saw a co-worker eating French fries with ranch dressing several years ago, and have been hooked ever since.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?