Last Call For Recipes
  Re: (...)
If anyone has been thinking they would like to send me a family favorite - would prefer the dishes that have been around a long time - and just have not gotten to it, please send them to me. I'm on the downhill side of this mountain and I'm finishing up.

Please send them via a p.m. and include your name so I can include it in the book also. And any family story that goes with the dish, if any. Thanks for all your help.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Last Call For Recipes by cjs (If anyone has been t...)
I missed this one. Am I too late?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Last Call For Recipes by Lorraine (I missed this one. ...)
Never! But I do have one or two of yours from Share a Recipe - but, if you have a special one, please let me know. (I just haven't contacted you to get your permission yet... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Last Call For Recipes by cjs (If anyone has been t...)
This used to be a family emergency standby recipe. Mom knew that even I could fix this if she and Dad were going to be late home from work. I'm not sure if I've posted it here or not. It says 6-8 servings - HA!! Feeds 4 hungry people.

Sicilian Supper
Ingredients
1 lb Ground beef
1/2 cup Chopped onion
1 can Tomato paste (6 oz)
3/4 cup Water
1 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Garlic powder
-----------------------------------
1/2 cup Chopped green pepper
1 tbsp Margarine
1 pkg Cream cheese (8 oz), cubed
3/4 cup Milk
1/3 cup Grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Salt
2 cups Noodles, cooked, drained (4 oz)
Preparation
1. Brown meat; drain.
2. Add onion; cook until tender. Stir in tomato paste, water and seasonings; simmer 5 minutes.
3. Saute green pepper in margarine. Add cream cheese and milk, stirring until cream cheese melts. Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and noodles.
4. In a 10x6 baking dish, arrange alternate crosswise rows of meat mixture and noodles.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Yields 6-8 servings.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Last Call For Recipes by Harborwitch (This used to be a fa...)
thanks Sharon!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Last Call For Recipes by cjs (thanks Sharon!...)
Twas nothin'. You did inspire me to go through at least one of my old recipe boxes. I pulled out some things that I want to make - Mom and Grandmother's "quickie meals" and a few things that jogged my memory.
  Re: Re: Last Call For Recipes by Harborwitch (Twas nothin'. You d...)
Well then, it was doubly worth it!! How fun.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Last Call For Recipes by cjs (Well then, it was do...)
There were also a few things that I looked at and wondered why in the he!! I thought they sounded good. Gaaaack! There was some stuff in there . . . never mind, tossed those. But I pulled out about 8 or 9 cards that I must make. I even found 2 cards written by my first husband - and that was 51 years ago! I'll give them to Laurie.

I do think that a cherry rhubarb pie is in order for the weekend though!
  Re: Re: Last Call For Recipes by Harborwitch (There were also a fe...)
cherry and rhubarb??.....maybe one batch of rhubarb and raspberry jam will be made with cherry jello.......
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Last Call For Recipes by cjs (cherry and rhubarb??...)
Cherry Rhubarb Pie

4 cups cut up rhubarb
2 cups pitted pie cherries
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup quick cooking tapioca
5 drops red food coloring (Optional???)

Combine all ingredients well and let stand for 15 minutes.

Line a 9" pie plate with pastry and pour in filling. Top with a lattice crust. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Serve warm.

I seem to remember eating this - must have been at Grandmothers - Granddad kept a rhubarb patch. Lots of happy memories of rhubarb.