Grilling Corn
  Re: (...)
I just wanted to know how you grill your corn. I've not done this, and plan to do it tonight. The ears in the husks are soaking in water now. What's next?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Grilling Corn by Gourmet_Mom (I just wanted to kno...)
I peel them back, take all the silk out, then re-wrap them. Soak them well and onto the grill. Enjoy!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Grilling Corn by Lorraine (I peel them back, ta...)
Thanks Lorraine! I'm on the right track. I also wondered if anyone buttered before grilling. I've seen it done on TV, but wondered about the butter burning and ruining the flavor. Seeing you don't, I'll take that as confirmation to NOT butter before. Thanks!

If this works out, I may add this to Jean's b-day dinner as a side with some compound butter with lime and "something".
Daphne
How long do you soak them, I have never done corn either on my bbq, and "soaking" in just plain water right??, and then grill for about how long?. ohhh and yes my goodness could you put the butter in before grilling...Yum
I bumped a post about corn on the grill that I had last summer. Got lots of great ideas. It is so good.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Grilling Corn by esgunn (I bumped a post abou...)
I used to do mine like Lorraine, but now I just clean the corn, rub a little olive oil (you could use butter) and cook them on the grill as is. Over med-med.hi heat and rotate (about 1/8) every 3 minutes or so. Eat right away.

In fact we've been eating the corn as a separate course, 'cause I just don't like it after it starts shriveling up - straight from the grill.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilling Corn by cjs (I used to do mine li...)
I've got corn. I'll give it a try!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Grilling Corn by Lorraine (I've got corn. I'll...)
I guess I should have added I don't soak it either.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilling Corn by cjs (I guess I should hav...)
Thanks Jean! Nice to know you can put it right on. I'll try it this way next time.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Grilling Corn by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Jean! Nice t...)
We just husked ours and threw it on the other day - I love it when the kernels get a little char going. Served it with lime butter with a bit of chipotle tabasco and salt mixed in. It was good but I sure am looking forward to good ol' Brentwood corn. It's like eatin' candy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!