Houseboat Don's Having Another Party!!
  Re: (...)
...and this time I get paid! Whoopee. It will be all guys, so this is my suggested menu I sent to him, about 25 guys -

Suggested Menu
Party Time at Don’s
Thursday, May 29, 2008

starters

Truffle Popcorn
Mini Zucchini Quiche with Smokey Tomato Sauce
Crab “Nachos”
Tortilla Wraps (Chipotle Mayo, Turkey & Cheddar)

dinner

Brats
accompaniments:
Roasted Peppers, Marinated Feta & Greek Olives
Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
Dill pickles
Bavarian Mustard ?
Grilled onions

Antipasto Tortellini Salad

dessert

Rice Krispies Ice Cream Cake
or
Northwest Blackberry Cobbler
Heavy cream

My question to you all is - what else do you like on Brats other than what I've listed above? They'll be served on buns so think toppings.

He gets to choose dessert.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Houseboat Don's Having Another Party!! by cjs (...and this time I g...)
Grilled apples? Mostly grilled peppers & onions, brown mustard, kraut.

Uhm, speaking of kraut . . . red cabbage kraut??? Is there a recipe for that?? It sounds divine! Something we'd love.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Instead of grilled onions, I did a onion jam thing that I stole from a few ideas off another site. I think one of the ideas may have been yours. Can be made ahead of time. You have all my favourites covered. I'm thinking my German Apple Mustard would go really well on that menu.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Houseboat Don's Having Another Party!! by Lorraine (Instead of grilled o...)
Okay. German apple mustard? I am going to have to do some serious sniveling around here I guess. German apple mustard sounds like it would be great with my Alsatian Duck 'n Kraut.

Please, please, please, please! I have no shame.
  Re: Re: Houseboat Don's Having Another Party!! by Harborwitch (Okay. German apple ...)
Oh my goodness! I forgot about the onion jam! YUMMY! I need to pull that one out for summer. That stuff is good all by itself, but on chicken and pork...even veggies, its GREAT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Houseboat Don's Having Another Party!! by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my goodness! I f...)
cough 'em up, Lorraine - your version and the German apple mustard. (please)

Here you go, Sharon - thot I'd make this up today or tomorrow and see how it is.

Red Cabbage Sauerkraut:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups red wine vinegar
1 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large head red cabbage, thinly shredded
Salt and freshly ground pepper

In a medium saucepan, combine the oil, vinegar, water, and sugar over medium heat, and cook until the sugar has melted. Add the mustard seeds, garlic, and cabbage, and cook until the cabbage is soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Houseboat Don's Having Another Party!! by cjs (cough 'em up, Lorrai...)
Thank you Jean! We still have some of the brisket left and this will be perfect with it! I'll get the cabbage tonight - after I go for my induction meeting at Curves

Yeah Lorraine - cough em up! Hungry women are waiting.
  Re: Re: Houseboat Don's Having Another Party!! by Harborwitch (Thank you Jean! We ...)
If you're going to make it tonight Sharon, I'll wait to hear from you how you and Bob like it before I test it. Good!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Houseboat Don's Having Another Party!! by cjs (If you're going to m...)
Guinea pigs are we?????? I just think it sounds sooooo good. I've also got some nice Polish sausages from Schwans in the freezer - it would be really good with those (I simmer them in red wine). Yummy weekend this is going to be.
We live right next to Wisconsin, who I think consumes most of the world's surplus of brats. Anyway, there is a delicous recipe for brat with carmelized onions and apples. I have had it and it is soooooo good. There was clove in it and black pepper and a little bit of brown sugar for carmelizing purposes. I don't have access to my recipes right now, but I am sure you could find one on the web if necessary.

My hubby likes coleslaw on his brat, fresh and crispy with a little horseradish.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura