OT - Update on Health Issues
  Re: (...)
Had my staples out on the 20th, it went okay. The doctor told me I needed to see a chiropractor because all of the twisting and turning before/after/during surgery had messed up my back [duh, it hurts all the time]. The chiropractor said they wouldn't do any adjustments until 6 weeks after surgery.....somewhere around June 5th....in the meantime, keep taking Oxycodone. Doesn't that suck?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: OT - Update on Health Issues by bjcotton (Had my staples out o...)
Geeze Sweetie! That really sucks. Hopefully you'll be back to your old self soon!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT - Update on Health Issues by Harborwitch (Geeze Sweetie! That...)
But you be up and about!! Good - sorry I missed you the other night, I crashed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Update on Health Issues by cjs (But you be up and ab...)
YUCK! I hate taking meds! But not long now sweetie! I hope you're good as new VERY soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - Update on Health Issues by Gourmet_Mom (YUCK! I hate taking...)
At least you are getting better my friend. As for the medications...at least they gave you one with a "street value"...hehehehe
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: OT - Update on Health Issues by firechef (At least you are get...)
Hey LJ - Good to see you! How're you feeling? Things going well we hope.

Yeah, the Blonde Tornado informed me that I could make a fortune if I wanted to sell my meds on the street. Sorry, no chance - I NEED them for what they're intended for. The days I don't need them are heaven sent!
  Re: Re: OT - Update on Health Issues by Harborwitch (Hey LJ - Good to see...)
I am battling Bronchitis/allergies right now...if it ain't one thing...and got a second opinion on the other problem and it isn't the problem they thought but may need a surgeons touch if it continues to act up...

One more day at work and then it is off for three days and then a fun week balancing work and interviews.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: OT - Update on Health Issues by firechef (I am battling Bronch...)
The wind here has been terrible the last few days - 15-30 with gusts to 45mph. Of course the peat dust, poller, and every other allergen you can think of is blowing around - I can relate to the allergies.

It's good to hear that they don't think the other problem is what you were afraid of. Hopefully it will all work out. We're saying prayers for you.
  Re: Re: OT - Update on Health Issues by Harborwitch (The wind here has be...)
Here due to all of the fields getting done at once after tons of rain and cold weather through most of the past months the farmers hit the fields and turned the soil and sprayed and planted all at once...as soon as they start it releases TONS of mold spores into the air and is INSTANT allergy attack. Throw in a SEVERE upper respiratory infection going around and it has been a battle...

Did I mention that the east-west running street I live on dead ends at BOTH the EAST and WEST ends in corn/soy fields? The entire town is surrounded so I get it hard with the mold spores from the fields.
  Re: OT - Update on Health Issues by bjcotton (Had my staples out o...)
That's a really strong pain med! Be careful because I know several people who had a hard time weaning themselves off it.

I bet you're just happy to be home. How's the new stove working for you?