New "book"
  Re: (...)
I was at the grocery store while ago and naturally checked out the cooking magazines. I picked up this one, which is more like a book than a magazine. It's a single publication. It says it's a second printing, so some of you may be familiar with it. It's called Sizzle with America's Top Chefs. Inside are some incredible grilling recipes from Batali, Emeril, Deen, Raichlen, Aken, Puck, Bayless, and more. Each chef/cook presents 3-6 recipes, just for the grill and they are all very unique for the most part. On the cover is Grilled Rum-Soaked Shrimp with Mango Lime Relish. There are probably 50 or more recipes including one that made me think of Sharon and Jean...FN Kitchen's Indian Spiced Chicken Wings. I can't wait to try Paul Kirk's Caesar Salad Burgers and Puck's Shrimp BLT Panini with Shallot Cream Sauce. Then there's Sandra Lee's Kahlua S'More Pie. YUM! So many dishes, so little time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: New "book" by Gourmet_Mom (I was at the grocery...)
That sounds like a good one! I'll be looking for it.
Thanks for the recommend.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New "book" by Mare749 (That sounds like a g...)
That burger sounds great Daphne. I am not allowed to buy cookbooks anymore so I will have to Google the Chef and his recipe. Holly gets a $2,758.38 TWO CARAT ring today and I got a new Iowa State Cyclones t-shirt and ball cap...wanted Chef Ramsay's newest cook book but was shot down. Then was looking at a book by Chef Marco Pierre White and was vetoed and I will not mention the unmentionables she said when I looked at books by Anthony Bourdain...

Let me know what other goodies are in there. What does Chef Rick have in there???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: New "book" by firechef (That burger sounds g...)
I already have the Ceasar Salad Burger and three or four other of Chef Kirk's BBQ burger recipes from an article in the Saint Petersburg (Florida) Times newspaper from doing a quick search of the internet. Looks pretty dang good.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: New "book" by firechef (I already have the C...)
Hmmmm, I'll keep an eye open also.

There is no way in hell anyone would EVER tell me no to a cookbook - they'd be putting their lives in jeopardy!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New "book" by Gourmet_Mom (I was at the grocery...)
Thanks for the heads up, GM. Does it say who the publisher is? Is it Cole Group? Thx.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: New "book" by Lorraine (Thanks for the heads...)
It's a BH&G publication from the Meridith Corp. out of......Des Moine, IA...LOL!

Jean, they even have a cheddar stuffed, bacon wrapped knockwurst and grilled oysters with horseradish butter in here...thought about your party.

Bayless has a Grilled Roadside Whole Chicken with Knob Onions and a Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, Grilled Red-Chile Steak with Sweet Plantains, red onions and Smoky Chipotle Salsa, and Grilled Pork Adobado with Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Guajillo Chile Salsa. These are from his Mexican Everyday Cookbook.

All the recipes are featured in each one of the chef's cookbooks. Joanne Weir also features 4 of her Mediterranean Small Plates from her book From Tapas to Meze.

Another I can't wait to try is the BBQ Queen's Grilled Red Potato and Fennel Salad and Mario's Hot Subs Molto-Style with capicola ham, salami, provolone, prosciutto, and roasted peppers done panini style. YUMMY!
Daphne
  Re: Re: New "book" by Gourmet_Mom (It's a BH&G publicat...)
Oh good Lord - must find this one. Just ordered it thru Amazon....

http://www.amazon.com/Sizzle-Americas-Ch...8121&sr=1-1

Thanks for mentioning it (and finding it!), Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New "book" by cjs (Oh good Lord - must ...)
Hey Mom the Chef Bayless recipes are wonderful. The Grilled Pork Adobado with Smoky Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Guajillo Chile Salsa is to die for. On his last trip through Iowa (we ended up meeting in Waterloo) and he made this along with the staff of a place I knew a couple of people at that would let him play in their kitchen. Like anyone would tell HIM no to coming in on a slow night and whipping up a few things. We all ate good and all. That was about three months ago...need to give him a call sometime soon.
  Re: Re: New "book" by firechef (Hey Mom the Chef Bay...)
There are so many thing in this "book" and the new issue, I'm having trouble figuring out what to make first. I already ditched the Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine for the Caesar Burgers for tonight. The bread's rising as I type. Now to make pizza dough for tomorrow...gotta do those pizzas in the new issue AGAIN! William and Andrew LOVED them! So did I!
Daphne