Back To Normal Dinner - Tuesday???
  Re: (...)
I'll be cooking all day, so will probably have delivered pizza or chinese. What are you all up to today?

Tested this one yesterday for Thursday's party and it's just great! Should be served with pita chips, but don't know what I'll find so may go with crackers. It's from Whole Foods.

Roasted Peppers with Marinated Feta and Greek Olives
Serves 4

2 roasted red bell peppers
1 pound feta cheese, cut into cubes
1 cup fresh black Greek olives, pitted
1 small red onion, diced (any sweet onion like Vidalia or Maui will also work)
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
salt
freshly ground black pepper
lemon juice

Combine the peppers, feta and olives in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and toss gently. Add the remaining ingredients and toss gently again. Adjust seasonings, cover and chill at least 5 hours before serving. Serve this with toasted pita bread as an appetizer.

hmmm, I have some left, maybe that'll be our dinner!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Back To Normal Dinner - Tuesday??? by cjs (I'll be cooking all ...)
Darn that sounds good. I can almost taste that over beautiful slices of well charred very rare steak. Printed and ready to go.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Back To Normal Dinner - Tuesday??? by Harborwitch (Darn that sounds goo...)
Oh I can't wait till my peppers rippen. I am so stuffing them and then grilling them off.

Now about tonight...left overs!
  Re: Re: Back To Normal Dinner - Tuesday??? by DFen911 (Oh I can't wait till...)
Tonight it's Asian Chicken & Water Chestnut Patties, jasmine rice and steamed carrots.
  Re: Re: Back To Normal Dinner - Tuesday??? by Trixxee (Tonight it's Asian C...)
Trixxee what is the recipe for the Water Chestnut Patties?

I have an idea those might go really good with.
  Re: Re: Back To Normal Dinner - Tuesday??? by DFen911 (Trixxee what is the ...)
Here you go. I make a few changes (of course). I don't do the skewers and I make the patties a little bigger. I add ginger and a splash of soy sauce to the mixture.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...IES-106518
  Re: Re: Back To Normal Dinner - Tuesday??? by Trixxee (Here you go. I make...)
I'm doing the Cremini Mushroom Pizza and Jean's Eggplant and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza again. They were both BIG hits here! I'm meat-ed out and really NEED a veggie meal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Back To Normal Dinner - Tuesday??? by cjs (I'll be cooking all ...)
Chicken with orange and 5 spice powder, I can't remember who to thank for the recipe but it sure smells good

Steamed green beans (love those ziplock steam bags) with a fresh herb butter, Maine Carola potatoes and angel food cake with coffee frosting for dessert.

Waiting for it to cool off here, a good boomer is in the forecast. Typical NE weather, 2 days of spring then into the heat and humidity.

Should have grilled that chicken...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Back To Normal Dinner - Tuesday??? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm doing the Cremin...)
Let me know how that cremini pizza came out, I'm anxious to try that one!

PJ
PJ