Aerogardens
  Re: (...)
How's everyone's Aerogardens doing? I'm going to take some pix of mine and try to post them. I'm really enjoying having the fresh herbs so handy.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Aerogardens by farnfam (How's everyone's Aer...)
I would love to see your pics, Cis! I've been itching to buy one of those for a few years now, so anyone who has one, please give a progress report!

Last winter I planted my little tabletop hydroponic garden with herbs and that was fun, but it's a pain to clean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Aerogardens by Mare749 (I would love to see ...)
Love to see the pics too please.
  Re: Re: Aerogardens by vannin (Love to see the pics...)
I wanted one too, but I saw one at Sur la Table and thought..wow I would use one whole bunch of a specific herb in one dish.

Do they grow faster? How many different types did you plant? Do they have bigger ones...oh do hurry with the pictures!
  Re: Re: Aerogardens by DFen911 (I wanted one too, bu...)
Denise, I was thinking the same thing when I was eyeing them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Aerogardens by cjs (Denise, I was thinki...)
To answer your questions, they do seem to grow very very fast and I clip a bit of something for each meal. I do tend to use more basil and cilantro than anything else, so I bought one garden to grow just International Basils in and replaced, mint, chive and dill (which I already have growing outside anyway) with three cilantro plants in the first one. I seem to have all I need for every meal, but I'm only cooking for James and I mostly. I'm thinking now of getting a third to plant spinach and other colorful salad greens in. I'll get some pix up pronto
Cis
Empress for life
http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee219...rogardens/
  Re: Re: Aerogardens by farnfam (To answer your quest...)
[Image: aerogardens0006.jpg]
[Image: aerogardens0002.jpg]
Aerogarden 1
[Image: aerogardens0005.jpg]
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Aerogardens by farnfam ([img]http://i231.pho...)
Your plants look pretty great to me, Cis! Much better than what I got with my little hydroponic gadget. Wouldn't that be so nice to have one unit planted just for a variety of salad greens?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Aerogardens by Mare749 (Your plants look pre...)
Great pics of some awesome herbs Cis! WOW! I'm wanting one for winter months now! It's on my wish list now, for sure!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Aerogardens by Gourmet_Mom (Great pics of some a...)
Are the herbs readily available? Or can I use seeds from my local nursery? So many questions....I love the concept of this if it's easy to do. I just hate to have to wait for special order 'seed pods'.