Just a Note
  Re: (...)
Just a note to let you know that as of 6:00 o'clock PM yesterday I have been pain free. It's too soon to jump and click my heels [doubt I could get off the floor anyway]. Paul told me Monday [with a sad look on his face], "I've never seen your kitchen look like this Bill. I'm sorry I can't keep it up to your standards, but then again I'm not you!" Well, I just may have overdone it again this morning but I got it up to standard again....for Paul, he has been so kind and supportive. I thought I still had enough energy to visit a friend I hadn't seen since before Christmas last year, but by the time I got there I was shakey and sweaty. They had also been through surgery and illness, so we all stretched out and rested a while, had a good chat and I drove home. Boy was I glad to arrive.

It's approaching my bedtime so I can call today a success and hope for more of the same tomorrow. I think I have a better idea of my limits...yeah right! See you then.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Just a Note by bjcotton (Just a note to let y...)
So glad to hear this.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Just a Note by labradors (So glad to hear this...)
So am I! I was getting a bit worried that it was taking you so long to get back on the forum. Hope you are at least making a list of all the meals you want to cook once you are up to it. I'll bet it felt good to get your kitchen in order again, but be sure to take lots of breaks.

Glad you're back, it's just not the same without you!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Just a Note by Mare749 (So am I! I was gett...)
My return started with a trip to the Emergency Room, I just couldn't stand the pain any more. As many of you already know I've been HIV Positive for almost 20 years. Well, the first side effect of meds for that is diahrrea. Consequently, I get up in the morning go to the bathroom and get on with my day. Well, NOT following this exact theme doesn't even click in my mind, I'm usually just grateful I skipped it that day. Those days began adding up and pretty soon I haven't gone for two weeks. Well, guess what the doctor told me? He said, "Here's a bottle of citrom. Go clean yourself out!" All this time I was full of you know what and didn't know it. Once that had past...probably about 6 PM yesterday I began feeling alright again. So now, if I go I have to be concerned and if I don't go I have to be concerned Ain't it just the $hits?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Just a Note by Mare749 (So am I! I was gett...)
Billy I am so glad that you too are seeing how much better things are going to be

Don't push yourself too much, everyday will be easier and better!
  Re: Re: Just a Note by DFen911 (Billy I am so glad t...)
Glad things are going better but I must echo the don't over do it notes as well.

Hope you are cooking again and enjoying what you make.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Just a Note by firechef (Glad things are goin...)
I've been out-of-town and out-of-touch, so I was unaware of your absence. If I may offer a home remedy that might avoid another trip to the ER, the next time the spirits haven't moved in a while, take a mixture of 2 oz of prune juice with 2 oz of milk of magnesia. I've never known it not to work and while the taste is not great, it's only 4 oz. and has got to be easier that an ER visit.

Sally
  Re: Just a Note by bjcotton (Just a note to let y...)
So glad to see you back, Billy! I have to add my "take it easy" to all the rest, I know you're eager to get going but go slowly.

I'm happpy you're feeling better

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Just a Note by pjcooks (So glad to see you b...)
Oh Billy J!!! Talk about too much information!!!

I'm just so glad you're feeling better!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Just a Note by cjs (Oh Billy J!!! [i]Ta...)
Oh Billy!

I am so glad you a moving again! Be active, get well, but do not over do it! Glad to see you back!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.