Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper?
  Re: (...)
Well, Paul won't be home until late this evening, so I'm making him one of his favorites...meatloaf. But, I promised him that tomorrow I'd make him a really nice supper, which I haven't done in forever. It's to be:

Sautéed Shrimp and Portobello Mushrooms in Garlic Sauce
Steamed Basmati Rice (one of his favorites)
Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob
Raspberry/Marionberry Sorbet (another favorite)
Best Ever Carrot Cake (another favorite)

What chall havin'?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by bjcotton (Well, Paul won't be ...)
I think tonight we are going to have Fusilli Con Bucco with Lamb Ragu, a big green salad, and some wine. Tomorrow will be a big steak (to split), risotto with asparagus & fava beans, and a nice salad. Maybe I'll reverse them - depends on how I feel, I'm out of one of my meds and Bob won't have it until after 5pm (it's an am med.) Just have to play it by ear. I'm really craving the lamb ragu though.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by Harborwitch (I think tonight we a...)
We're just winging it tonight...leftovers probably. But I'll probably do the muffalettas with homemade chips tomorrow night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by Gourmet_Mom (We're just winging i...)
Those look really good, and I think we'll do them Sunday - the temp is supposed to be higher and they'll be a nice light dinner.

The lamb ragu is about done - but I think I'll refrigerate it overnight; it's always better the next day. That way, too, I can get all the grease off it. A nice steak sounds really good for tonight.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by Harborwitch (Those look really go...)
good news. I'm making reservations tonight. Time for a sushi fix.

Sally
  Re: Sounds like you're feeling better by lxxf (good news. I'm maki...)
Tonight we're having meatball (Grandmother Pearl's) subs. Paul won't be home until 7 or 8 PM. Just to hold me over, I think I'll have a nice bowl of French Vanilla ice cream.. need to regain some weight doncha know
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sounds like you're feeling better by bjcotton (Tonight we're having...)
French Vanilla sounds good! We have to go to the store when Bob gets home, maybe we need some ice cream.
  Re: Re: Sounds like you're feeling better by Harborwitch (French Vanilla sound...)
Hmmmm...French-vanilla ice-cream-ball subs. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sounds like you're feeling better by labradors (Hmmmm...French-vanil...)
We did the Cobb Salad Muffaletta last night and had some of the turkey tenderloin left over. So, tonight I made a chef salad with that and that was quite filling and very good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sounds like you're feeling better by Mare749 (We did the Cobb Sala...)
HMMMMM...Maryann, are you choking on that review yet...LOL!?!?!?!

I bet that salad was good, though. I need to add chef salads to the menu, now that summer is upon us. It's William's fav. I just wish lettuce wasn't soooo expensive. Mine doesn't look like it's going to "make" in the garden. We planted too late I guess.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.