CORNfusion reigns
  Re: (...)
Lets see should I have added this to Jean's rhubarb jam thread, or the grilling corn for Madmax thread???

Last night we were playing with our food - beef shishkabaskets, cheese stuffed sweet peppers wrapped in bacon, and corn on the cob. Corn on the cob, hmmmmmmm.

Just happened to have a small bowl with some of the rhubarb, raspberry, jalapeno jam in it (thank you so much Jean!!) Well I plopped about 3 tbs of butter in to about a half cup of the jam, sqeezed a half a lime into it, tossed in a 1/2 a tsp. of Ancho chili powder, and added some salt. When it was all melted together I started brushing the corn with it while it was on the grill.

I will only say that I could have eaten just the corn for dinner - if there had been more. OMG I think we'll have that again for dinner tonight. And maybe for lunch too.

Well off to the farmers' market to see if they have rhubarb, and nice sweet corn.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: CORNfusion reigns by Harborwitch (Lets see should I ha...)
wow, does that ever sound good!! duly copied Sharon! Hell, that would be good on some of my grilled catfish to go together!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: CORNfusion reigns by Harborwitch (Lets see should I ha...)
Wow, that sounds fantastic, Sharon! We don't usually husk our corn before grilling, but after reading this, I'll have to be trying it. Copied!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: CORNfusion reigns by Mare749 (Wow, that sounds fan...)
Sounds interesting Sharon. Wonder how that concoction would be on sweet potatoes?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: CORNfusion reigns by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds interesting S...)
Sharon...great flavors there! Oh on grilled zucchini too

Girl patent it, market it, label it and make your mark
  Re: Re: CORNfusion reigns by DFen911 (Sharon...great flavo...)
Hmmmmmm. Giving this a thought - it was Jeans Rhubarb Raspberry Jalapeno jam so we'd have to share the glory! I'm thinking grilled chicken, shrimp, more and more corn. . . .
  Re: Re: CORNfusion reigns by Harborwitch (Hmmmmmm. Giving thi...)
Sharean (Sharon/Jean) Cuisine. Providing quality glazes for your grilled dishes.

Turn grilled corn in a gourmet meal! Tired of boring chicken? Well take out the 'bor' and keep the z'ing' with our glazes.

I want to be the marketing director for you haha
  Re: Re: CORNfusion reigns by DFen911 (Sharean (Sharon/Jean...)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: CORNfusion reigns by DFen911 (Sharean (Sharon/Jean...)
You're hired! -
  Re: Re: CORNfusion reigns by Harborwitch ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)

OH GOD, I HATE MARKETING!!! It's all yours, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com