Different Flavor
  Re: (...)
The White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake has been so popular I was wondering about using limes instead of lemons. Ideas, criticisms, opinions? I'm in the process of making the original now.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Different Flavor by bjcotton (The White Pepper and...)
It sounds interesting Billy. I love lime (particularly Key Lime pie!). Please let us know what your results are
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Different Flavor by mlucas1 (It sounds interestin...)
I can't think why it wouldn't work! test on, sweetie.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Different Flavor by bjcotton (The White Pepper and...)
I like ginger and lime together. I think it might be very very good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Different Flavor by Harborwitch (I like ginger and li...)
Awright! They had Key limes at the store but I bought regular Persian limes, may try Key next time.

Well, the original is in the oven, be ready in about an hour. YUM!

YUM YUM!! The cake came out with a flaw in one section so I had to eat it

Billy
  Re: Re: Different Flavor by bjcotton (Awright! They had K...)
Glad you are playing with your food Billy. Do you think Escoffier just followed along with the crowd??? I am always tweeking and modifying once I have tried it the way it is "meant" to be made.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Different Flavor by firechef (Glad you are playing...)
I generally play with a recipe too, but unfortunately I seldom write down HOW I played with it.

Billy
  Re: Re: Different Flavor by bjcotton (I generally play wit...)
Quote:

I generally play with a recipe too, but unfortunately I seldom write down HOW I played with it.

Me, too, Billy, I never remember to take notes, 'cause I'm absolutely sure I'll remember what I did the next time.

Then I can't remember what recipe I used, or even where I filed it, the next time. There's this wonderful invention called the pencil...then I'll have to remember where I put one of those, too

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Different Flavor by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That's why I love my digital pen. Okay that's why I like the theory of the digital pen. I have to remember to take it in the kitchen with me - it sits in my purse, even goes to Curves with me but I can't remember to take it in the kitchen.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Different Flavor by Harborwitch (That's why I love my...)
I gave mine to Fredia's daughter Paula. Otherwise it just sat here on the desk.

Billy