Stand Mixer vs Food Processor
  Re: (...)
I am wanting to know what you think about using my Cuisinart to mix cake batter. Do you think the Cuisinart would mix it too much? I know it would be quicker, but have never done it. Whacha think?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Stand Mixer vs Food Processor by bjcotton (I am wanting to know...)
Do you have the paddle attachment? If so it works just fine, however it doesn't take as much time as a the stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
  Re: Stand Mixer vs Food Processor by bjcotton (I am wanting to know...)
Never tried it, Billy, I've always used the KA with the paddle. My fear is overmixing, I tend to forget how powerful the processor is compared to the KA, so it's probably just a me thing.

If you do it, TAKE NOTES and tell us how it came out.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Stand Mixer vs Food Processor by pjcooks (Never tried it, Bill...)
I've got the Cusinart Power Prep Plus and it comes with a bunch of cake recipes. I've made a few of them, it mixes the ingredients in no time flat. The cakes came out fine as I remember,so I think you'll do fine to use your food processor.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Stand Mixer vs Food Processor by DFen911 (Do you have the padd...)
I do normally use the paddle attachment, but wondered about the Cuisinart. It seems it would be so much quicker. The KA doesn't cream the butter very well. The Cuisinart seems to do a much better job of that.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Stand Mixer vs Food Processor by bjcotton (I do normally use th...)
The cake-like topping for my bumbleberry cobbler is done in the processor and it takes no time at all. Haven't done a regular cake tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Stand Mixer vs Food Processor by bjcotton (I do normally use th...)
I hadn't thought about it Sweetie - but my FP comes with a plastic blade thingy for batters. Do you have that??? I never think to use it for batters - but then we don't do a lot of sweets.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!