Shrimp Roll-REVIEW
  Re: (...)
I don't know if this has already been reviewed, but here goes.

William LOVES shrimp salad, but I've never been able to duplicate how his great aunt used to make it. I've tried all kinds of recipes. Well, this isn't exactly like hers, but he LOVED it. We gave this a 10. It would have been over the top if my popcorn bread had risen! The cucumber in the dressing was incredible. Another summer recipe for the regular menu plans. YUM! Only problem, there was none left for lunch today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Shrimp Roll-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (I don't know if this...)
where is the recipe???? I don't see it in the new issue....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp Roll-REVIEW by cjs (where is the recipe?...)
It's in Cuisine Tonight. Here you go...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Shrimp Roll

Recipe By :Cuisine at Home
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic -- minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/4 pounds shrimp -- peeled and deveined
3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
1/4 cup cucumber -- peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley -- minced
2 tablespoons chives -- minced
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon -- minced
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper -- to taste
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes -- quartered or grape tomatoes
shredded lettuce

Preheat grill to medium-high.

Combine oil, garlic, 1 T lemon juice, salt and pepper for the shrimp in a bowl. Add shrimp and marinate 5-10 minutes while making the mayo.

Pulse mayo, cucumber, herbs, 2 t lemon juice, sugar and salt together in a food processor until cucumber is finely chopped. Set aside 1/3 cup of the herbed mayo to spread on the buns.

Grill shrimp until cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side. Corsely chop shrimp, then stir into remaining mayo, along with tomatoes.

Brush sides of bread with melted butter and grill. Spread the insides with some of the reserved mayo, then fill each with lettuce and 1/4 of the shrimp mixture.

Source:
"Cuisine Tonight page 85"
S(Internet Address):
""
Daphne
  Re: Re: Shrimp Roll-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (It's in Cuisine Toni...)
Oh crap! Daphne, this looks so good - I do have that book. Will add your review to the recipe. And I think I have the perfect shaped rolls in the freezer for this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp Roll-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (It's in Cuisine Toni...)
Thanks, Daphne, this does look really good, and I don't know how I missed it. I have that book and just didn't look closely enough, I guess. Did you use the fat free mayo? and was it ok? I would think there's so many flavors going on there, the regular mayo wouldn't be missed at all.

On the list...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Shrimp Roll-REVIEW by pjcooks (Thanks, Daphne, this...)
I used Dukes Light. From past experience, fat free anything just doesn't have the texture and/or flavor of the real thing, where light or reduced does. To be honest, I have yet to see fat free mayo anyway. And like you said, there's so much flavor there you don't notice the mayo taste....just texture. That's where I'd be afraid to use fat free...is it more runny? If so, I don't think it'd work.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Shrimp Roll-REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (I used Dukes Light. ...)
Finally a winner!! This is really good, it's raining and cold around here, so oven roasted the shrimp (the method I usually use for shrimp/prawns) - smelled so good in here!

[Image: shrimproll.jpg]

I'm hoping I get to the leftovers before he does today!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp Roll-REVIEW by cjs (Finally a winner!! T...)
OH MAN! Jean, I was hoping to wait at least a week before making this again....I may not make it! YUMMMMMMMMM!!! It's worse looking at a pic of something you've had and loved....Drool is about to spill out on the keyboard!

I may have to make the muffuletta again before the review too! It's so darn hot here, those two are winners and they're served cold! And I did mess up my bread for this one and had to use store bought. I guess I'm obligated to try it again soon...for fairness sake...LOL! I know William won't argue! At least you HAD leftovers!!!! I'm doubling the recipe next time!
Daphne