Bob's Red Mill Cookbook
  Re: (...)
I went to Bob's Red Mill to get a friend of mine some blue cornmeal today and noticed they have a cookbook out. While reading through the recipes I noticed they use 2 or 3 different flours in each recipe, such as for Cornmeal Buttermilk Biscuits they use unbleached white flour, whole wheat flour and cornmeal; Blueberry Muffins use rice flour, oat flour, and millet flour; Whole Grain Waffles use brown rice flour, sweet white sorghum flour, and oat flour. I'm thinking of taking it and seeing if I can get my money back. I keep three different flours around, but would never use the variety they use in this cookbook. Whacha think?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Bob's Red Mill Cookbook by bjcotton (I went to Bob's Red ...)
I think they're trying to sell more product! That's cr@ppy!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bob's Red Mill Cookbook by Harborwitch (I think they're tryi...)
YUP! I agree with Sharon. Their marketing their product with their cookbook. I'd try to take it back too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bob's Red Mill Cookbook by Gourmet_Mom (YUP! I agree with S...)
Ok, I'll do it tomorrow. Then I think I'll buy me some blue cornmeal. Then go to Smart & Final and get me some sheet pans, angel food pan, and Sweet Chili Sauce. Everyone says how hard it is to buy for me for my birthday and Christmas, so I mentioned I'd like some silicone cookware. That'll give them a big enough hint.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Bob's Red Mill Cookbook by bjcotton (Ok, I'll do it tomor...)
"Everyone says how hard it is to buy for me " - you're kidding!! How hard is it to buy for a foodie??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bob's Red Mill Cookbook by cjs ("Everyone says how h...)
I think the cookbook is a great idea. I have an old 1950'2 one from 5 Roses Flour (a Canadian company) that I still use. I'm trying to cut down on my white flour intake, and have been buying Bob's Red Mill products, so if they can give me tried and true recipes, well, that's a good thing.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Bob's Red Mill Cookbook by Lorraine (I think the cookbook...)
I've been (when I can afford it) buying from King Arthur - they have some spectacular flours and one of their cookbooks has won a James Beard award. Most of their recipes are available on line - and all of the ones I've tried are fantastic.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bob's Red Mill Cookbook by Harborwitch (I've been (when I ca...)
Billy, if I were you, I sure would not take the book back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bob's Red Mill Cookbook by Harborwitch (I've been (when I ca...)
I've been fortunate to find KA flours locally in recent weeks and get Red Mill products (limited) from "town" when I go. I like the Red Mill product, I just disagree with the multiple flours/meals required to make a product. I'm not convinced you couldn't get an equally good product without having to buy or keep on hand so many meals/flours. I already have 4 cornmeals (including polenta and grits) and 4 flours (want to add rice flour), but to think I'd have to add 5 or 6 more is a bit overkill to me.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bob's Red Mill Cookbook by Gourmet_Mom (I've been fortunate ...)
I use King Arthur flours a lot. On hand I have AP, Bread, Semolina, Wheat, Cake and Rice flours.

Now on muffins I do use 2 different flours, AP and Cake flour. But nothing like what your book described.