Tuna and White Bean Salad
  Re: (...)
I did a search and couldn't find where I (or anyone else) had posted this salad - don't know why - it is such a great last minute summer side dish. I made it again last night, but I didn't have any 'tuna in oil' so I added a jar of marinated artichokes and it worked just as well. Also, I used 3 cans of beans to make it go further. It's a great tasting salad especially when taken out of the frig a while ahead of eating - should be close to room temp.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Tuna-and-White-Bean Salad

2 cans tuna packed in oil -- (6 ounce)
3 cups drained and rinsed canned white beans -- preferably cannellini (from two 15-ounce cans)
1 red onion -- sliced thin
1 tablespoon drained capers
2 bunches watercress (about 3/4 pound) -- tough stems removed and leaves chopped (about 2 quarts)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red- or white-wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper

Put the tuna with its oil, the beans, onion, capers, watercress, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.

Since there are so few ingredients in this simple salad, you'll want to use really good canned beans; lower-quality beans are mushy.
Among the many fine brands, we find Goya to be consistently reliable.
---
if you like tuna and beans, this definitely needs to be in your repertoire
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuna and White Bean Salad by cjs (I did a search and c...)
Oh Jean that just sounds so good! I could wolf that down in a heartbeat - white beans are on the grocery list for this weekend's shopping. Thank you for sharing that!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuna and White Bean Salad by Harborwitch (Oh Jean that just so...)
Thanks Jean! William LOVES salad and tuna, so this is a win, win!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuna and White Bean Salad by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Jean! Willia...)
So good, thanks. To think I have every thing on hand except the watercress. Will ring DH who is in Pukekohe today to get some.
  Re: Re: Tuna and White Bean Salad by vannin (So good, thanks. To ...)
I used to make a dish with tuna, corn kernels, peas, and cauli flowerettes layered. Haven't done it for so long. There was a well flavoured white sauce involved too, and parsley. Topped with breadcrumbs and cheese. I seem to remember liking it.