Presents From Jean & Roy
  Re: (...)
The first tool I got from Jean and Roy was my Christmas present last year. It's a bacon turner and works very well.

[Image: KitchenStuff-2.jpg]

The second is a cooking spoon and the third is my rolling pin. I just got the last two this week. I'm so excited! Now all I need to do is visit Jean and Sharon and have them teach me about dough...I've never been really aware of what to do with different doughs.

[Image: KitchenStuff-1.jpg]

Here is another picture with my new stove in the background with a pot of Pork Fried Rice I just made. With the gas stove it has cut the cooking time way down.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Presents From Jean & Roy by bjcotton (The first tool I got...)
HMMMMM...I'm jealous. I'll have to work on making a basket and sending to Jean. Then maybe I can get a salt box.

Hey, Billy, that stove looks mighty fine sitting there!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Presents From Jean & Roy by Gourmet_Mom (HMMMMM...I'm jealous...)
It is absolutely delicious Daphne. I haven't used the oven much, but I've got plans for it If you light 2 of the 3 burners in the center section you have another power burner, if you light just one you have another simmer burner. If you light all three it becomes a burner for the cast iron griddle that came with it. The two left burners are just regular 9500 BTU burners. Altogether I'm very happy with it. Also, my brother Charles and his son Charles Jr. came over and installed my air conditioner today. I'm just so happy and feeling pretty darned good!

Billy
  Re: Re: Presents From Jean & Roy by bjcotton (It is absolutely del...)
I am suddenly reminded of the new Hallmark ad for the Father's Day card for a dad that plays the MC Hammer song....

"Can't Touch This"....da dadada!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Presents From Jean & Roy by Gourmet_Mom (I am suddenly remind...)
"Can't Touch This".... I don't listen to much music, but I've vaguely heard of MC Hammer. I have a one track mind, if I'm reading, I'm reading; if I'm watching TV, I'm watching TV; if I'm listening to music, I'm listening to music. When I drive I don't have the radio on and if someone calls me on the cell phone, I'm pretty short with them. It distracts me from my driving.

Billy
  Re: Re: Presents From Jean & Roy by bjcotton ("Can't Touch This".....)
Just watch a little TV this weekend and look for the Hallmark ad with the guy opening a card and turning into MC Hammer...think parachute striped pants...doing his crazy moves! It's very funny! Not to mention, now, in my mind, I have YOU in that outfit doing the moves...ROFLOL!!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Presents From Jean & Roy by Gourmet_Mom (Just watch a little ...)
For heaven's sake, I haven't danced in years. When I was in high school the local TV channel carried the high schools dancing at the studio. I won for our high school. My partner was about 4 inches taller than me, her name was Linda Redd and her hair was a beautiful dark red.

Billy
  Re: Re: Presents From Jean & Roy by bjcotton (For heaven's sake, I...)
Daphne
  Re: Presents From Jean & Roy by bjcotton (The first tool I got...)
What beautiful toys! And what a beautiful range - I noticed that right off the bat in the background!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Presents From Jean & Roy by esgunn (What beautiful toys!...)
hmmm, if I didn't have those tools, I'd want them. My new stove and hood are all installed also. will post a picture.
Roy also changed the countertops on either side of the stove to maple. Just love them!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com