VOT...Baskets
  Re: (...)
I was just joking (kinda) about sending Jean a basket to see if I'd get a salt box and I realized that I haven't shared my mother's talent/passion. I have made a few baskets, but nothing like these. Some of these are Nantucket style baskets, while the others are traditional oak baskets.

I'm pretty proud of her! I need to get some pics of her porcelain dolls...her previous passion. They are GORGEOUS! Some look like real babies! But baskets have been her passion for 10+ years. I think this one stuck...LOL! She even teaches classes at the local comm. college!

BTW, don't faint, but I took these pics....LOL! I need to work on my food pics! Hope this works!

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn2/d...=slideshow
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: VOT...Baskets by Gourmet_Mom (I was just joking (k...)
I want one whine, whine! My SIL, Jackie, that lives up by Jean makes porcelain dolls. When I was on the 6 month cruise in the Navy we stopped in Thailand and I bought 10 yards of 5 different silks. One was a beautiful green and her sister, Ladine, made a doll dress for Marilee's doll that Jackie made. It stands (the doll) about 24" tall. It's just lovely.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: VOT...Baskets by bjcotton (I want one [img]/ubb...)
We'll see Billy! I'll have to get VERY busy this summer. Mine won't be nearly as beautiful as my mom's, but they will be made with love...LOL! I can make a napkin basket in about half a day....not bad!

The dolls are just unbelievable. I'll have to get pics....there's just NO way to describe them. They look so real it's scary sometimes. She ordered glass eyes and REAL hair for the things! Actually, that's why I flipped out over Kambree's (LJ's baby) Easter pic...she looked like one of my mother's dolls!
Daphne
Daphne, thos baskets are AMAZING! Wow!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: VOT...Baskets by esgunn (Daphne, thos baskets...)
WOW! Beautiful baskets!! Have you taught yourself to make #12 yet?????? That is so unique.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: VOT...Baskets by cjs (WOW! Beautiful baske...)
They are amazing, aren't they? I'd have to ask Mom how hard that one is. I DO know the tiny ones are the hardest. This is something I have thought about getting back into if I can ever retire. But who knows, she's got all the materials, and I need to spend more time with her....
Daphne
Your mother has a real talent. Those are gorgeous!
  Re: Re: VOT...Baskets by HomeCulinarian (Your mother has a re...)
Ok those are beautiful!!!! Where's the catalog?? I want to order today I see 3 that I really want. Wow what a talent to have. I am so envious of creative folks and the fact that you are learning this talent too is wonderful. One just cannot let that type of talent fall by the wayside.

So...seriously....order forms please
  Re: Re: VOT...Baskets by DFen911 (Ok those are beautif...)
You know, as many as she's made, I only have 3 and she won't sell any?!?!?! A friend, makes her's to sell and has gotten as much as a thousand dollars for a large Nantucket. Mom has a basket in every corner. I haven't counted lately, but it must be over 100! She's offered to pay for a fall trip to Nantucket to take a week long class from a pro she knows. I think I'm gonna take her up on it.
Daphne
  Re: Re: VOT...Baskets by Gourmet_Mom (You know, as many as...)
You'd better and you can't keep them all for yourself once you get started - too many of us want them!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com