Chicken Saltimbocca and Laura's Rice-a-Roni REVIEW
  Re: (...)
Tonight was the Saltimbocca and rice-a-roni. I made the chicken dish as written, but put WAY too much pepper on the chicken. Poor Andrew, YS, who has an open mouth wound was in pain! Sorry sweetie! You also must be very careful with the salt in this one. Other than that, I will make this again with changes. It was such a quick and easy dinner. Great for when school starts back and need a fast no-brainer!

The Rice-a-Roni....AWESOME!!!! Not that I doubted you Laura! This was sooo good! I did make one little adjustment. I was going to make peas and thought, what the heck....I added them (frozen) to the roni at the final steam phase. YUMMMMY!!!! I LOVE new sides!!!!! Especially ones that work in place of two! I can't wait to play with this one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Chicken Saltimbocca and Laura's Rice-a-Roni REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight was the Salt...)
I have yet to try the Rice a Roni - but it is my MC. I Have a great Rise E Bise (sp) recipe. Rice, peas, wine, sometimes a little ham. So good and so easy in a rice cooker.

I have made that Chicken Saltimocca. It is good. Was it from the Weeknight Menu's II. I have tried a lot of really fast chicken recipes from C@H. They are sure nice to have in my list of things to make - quick easy and still very tasty.

I have made from that book:
The Artichoke Chicken
Grilled Asian Chicken with peanut sauce
Cajun Chicken Stroganoff (a favorite)
Quick Coq au vin
Pork Tenderloin with apple salsa

All very good and I will make again!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Chicken Saltimbocca and Laura's Rice-a-Roni REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight was the Salt...)
Daphne, Just wanted to add, I am so sorry about Andrew. I hope he is on the mend - AND I hope he wears a proper helmet from now on! I know in 10+ years from now (if not sooner) I will be going through the same trials and tribulations. How many 6 year olds do you know that own a 50cc quad?? Can you say "NOT MY DECISION"!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chicken Saltimbocca and Laura's Rice-a-Roni REVIEW by esgunn (Daphne, Just wanted...)
On one hand I'm so glad those days are behind us, but in many other ways, I miss when the kids were little. We had so much fun!

Guess I'm going to have to do a search for Laura's Rice-a-roni, how did I miss this?

O.k., now I remember it! I've got chicken thighs thawed out, guess I'll peruse some C@H pubs and see what looks good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Saltimbocca and Laura's Rice-a-Roni REVIEW by cjs (On one hand I'm so g...)
Erin, the Chicken Saltimboca came from the Cuisine Tonight.

I know what you mean about the quad...LOL! Mine had gocarts, mini bikes, dirt bikes, and quads growing up, too. I guess this was inevitable. Can you say, husband reliving his childhood? Andrew is feeling much better, just painful when eating. Hopefully, he's learned his lesson. The helmet is gone, thankfully!

Jean, if I can ever get these kids grown...Do they ever stop worrying you?????
Daphne
  Re: Re: Chicken Saltimbocca and Laura's Rice-a-Roni REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (Erin, the Chicken Sa...)
"Do they ever stop worrying you????? " never.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Saltimbocca and Laura's Rice-a-Roni REVIEW by cjs ("Do they ever stop w...)
That's helpful.
Daphne