Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate
  Re: (...)
After watching Buddy playing with Marilee's puppy from hell, I've about decided to get him a playmate. Of course I'm searching for another Golden. Since Buddy has been on his heart and thyroid medicines he is again playing. At Marilee's he was running just as hard as he could go; jumping on the pup and having a good old time. Instead of playing fetch he plays "I'll carry the ball and run and you can chase me!" I don't chase very well
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate by bjcotton (After watching Buddy...)
OH BOY!!!!! A PUPPY!?!?!?!?!?! I love puppies!!!!! But don't forget the chewing/pooping/peeing phase Billy! There's always adoption. There are lots of rescue organizations now-a-days. The problem with that, I worry about getting a dog with "issues". But Buddy DOES have lots of babies to share and lots of love to smooth the way...whichever way you go!

I am also glad to hear Buddy is doing so well!!!! When Tarbaby started "ailing", we got Cricket. It was a great few years of shared love and joy for the two of them. I think that time in her early years with Tarbaby is what made Cricket such a great, loving dog!

Did I say, I LOVE PUPPIES!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate by Gourmet_Mom (OH BOY!!!!! A PUPPY!...)
Need I say how much I love dogs and puppies?

Pictures - we need pictures!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate by labradors (Need I say how much ...)
I'm actually looking for a dog 1--2 years old or somewhere in that vicinity. I'm too old to go through all the peeing and pooping again. Buddy was so easy to train it was rediculous. I'll see if I can scare up some pictures of Buds....that should be easy since I have lots of them

Here is Buddy with SOME of his toys...his natural color.

[Image: Buds002.jpg]

Here he is after his haircut:

[Image: Haircut002.jpg]

Here he is with his new bed:

[Image: Stuff-1.jpg]

I'll get some more after/if he gets a playmate. If he sees you pick up the camera he takes off.

Billy
  Re: Re: Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate by bjcotton (I'm actually looking...)
Check Golden rescue groups. They are fantastic resources for new family members - I love rescue groups you know!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate by bjcotton (I'm actually looking...)
Good luck with your search. There are so many people who pick pets that aren't right for them, it's sad. I see more and more people adopting animals instead of picking a puppy. I have friends that love Yorkies and have adopted three. One had been abused and had a broken hip when they got him. We named him Lucky. He was so lucky to find the home he lived his golden years in!

I KNOW there's a Golden out there that needs a loving home. There's no doubt you have the home and the love. Check the rescue websites. You won't have to wait long.

Those pictures are so sweet! Poor baby with the haircut! But still a cutie!

What's this? He's sticking his tongue out at the cameraman with his ears tucked back....LOL!!!! You're right, I don't think he likes his picture taken...LOL!!!!

Hey, I can't get Cricket still long enough for a pic....LOL! And she's four!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate by Gourmet_Mom (Good luck with your ...)
Great pics! Thanks, Billy.

Funny how camera-shy he is. Many others are just the opposite, and seem to mug for the camera. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate by Gourmet_Mom (Good luck with your ...)
We got Rica from a rescue group. It was a husky rescue. She is part husky and part golden. This is the site I used to find her. We had to sign an agreement that if she didn't work out we would return her to them. It was important to me to be able to "interview" our dog, with kids I just needed to know the dog would be a good fit for our family - they are apart of our family.

http://www.petfinder.com/

Here is a picture of her with my In-Laws dog. They love to romp! [Image: DSC_0022.jpg]
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate by esgunn (We got Rica from a r...)
GOSH! We should do an ad!!!!

What great testimonials!!!!! OK, need a tissue!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Perhaps Buddy Gets A Playmate by Gourmet_Mom (GOSH! We should do ...)
That's the same people I used Erin. Finally got hold of people with a group named "Gold Bone Pets" who only rescue/handle part or full blood Goldens. Hope it pays off.

Billy