Saturday - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Chicken thighs are thawed out....
Maybe Laura's Rice-a-roni, unless the weather is good, then something on the grill. Oh man, Maryann's dinner is due Monday. How did the 16th get here so fast????

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Chicken thighs are t...)
Jean, are you saying you haven't done the muffulettas yet?!?!?! LOL! I'm not saying a word, but.......

Today I'm actually making YOUR version of Clam Linguine with Creamy Caesar Salad and Popcorn Bread. I'm thinking of making some into bread sticks and sprinkling with parm when I brush with butter after taking them out. YUM!

I got to go to a REAL grocer yesterday, so I got some QUALITY clams. The last time I made linguine with clam sauce, the clams tasted "muddy" to me. Nobody else noticed, but I did.

I guess I need to get going.....
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, are you saying...)
"I'm not saying a word, but......." - oh yes, you have been!! I don't know why it's gotten away from me. I just grilled the chix thighs for a pita sandwich for us for brunch and the turkey tenderloin is brining for the muffulettas tonight!!!!

I love clam linguine!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday - What's for Dinner? by cjs ("I'm not saying a wo...)
The ribs are thawed so I think I'm going to do a rack of the Asian Ribs Jean posted and a rack of regular bbq with the spice rub.
  Re: Re: Saturday - What's for Dinner? by DFen911 (The ribs are thawed ...)
Homemade ravioli in spicy red sauce, spinach salad with cuke dressing or maybe with the grapefruit dressing and walnuts. Low fat ice cream sammies for dessert......oh and wine (probbly pinot grigio) and cuddling etc.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Saturday - What's for Dinner? by farnfam (Homemade ravioli in ...)
Oooo I haven't made ravioli's in a while...that might be tomorrow's dinner
  Re: Saturday - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Chicken thighs are t...)
For once, I am soooo ahead of schedule, the first time ever, I think! It would be just like me to forget to post it on time. I can't believe June is half over. Someone should entertain litigation to slow the days down.

PJ

Okay, Labs, waiting for your comment on this statement!
PJ
  Re: Re: Saturday - What's for Dinner? by pjcooks (For once, I am soooo...)
Quote:

"I'm not saying a word, but......." - oh yes, you have been!!

Speaking of saying a word....I noticed today I made Poo-Bah status...and summer just started...LOL!

BTW, we're having dinner late, but already tasted the bread sticks. We're not big bread eaters, but I've gotta say...THESE THINGS ARE GREAT!!!! After removing them from the oven, I brushed them with butter, sprinkled with kosher salt and parmesan...YUMMMMMMY!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday - What's for Dinner? by pjcooks (For once, I am soooo...)
Quote:

For once, I am soooo ahead of schedule, the first time ever, I think! It would be just like me to forget to post it on time. I can't believe June is half over. Someone should entertain litigation to slow the days down.

PJ

Okay, Labs, waiting for your comment on this statement!

LOL! Why not? People are suing for a lot less, nowadays:

Plaintiff: "Gee, I wonder what happens if I dump this just-purchased coffee in my lap. OW! That burns! I'm gonna sue."

Lawyer: "You deserve a large, cash settlement for your pain and suffering."

Judge: "Big Food Service is obviously at fault. Find for the plaintiff: $$M, and Big Food Service must also post labels on their products and signs on their premises warning that their products are hot - the cost of such labelling and signage to be borne by them."

Future patron: "Gee, I wonder why this restaurant's prices have just gone up again."

'Nuff said.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday - What's for Dinner? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)

You came through for me, Labs, I knew you would

PJ
PJ