This week's menu
  Re: (...)
I need ideas folks! And with school out now, I've lost the luxury of running to any store, any time of day for any willy nilly ingredient. My son is not a "shopper" so I'm trying to cut down my errands for both of our sakes (and for the sake of gas). That means getting organized for the week.

For those of you who plan a few days out, what have you got cooking this week?

All I have so far are greek chicken pita sandwiches.
  Re: This week's menu by Trixxee (I need ideas folks! ...)
Hi Trixee,

I'm working on our menu for the next few days too! So far, I have tacos/fajitas, grilled pizza and salad,chicken sausage and potatoes (type/flavor TBA). I'm surfing around the 'net and looking through magazines for nice easy recipes for the next couple of weeks. Between packing,having my daughter's bday party and hosting a sleepover of all the cousins I need easy! lol
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: This week's menu by mlucas1 (Hi Trixee,[br][br]I'...)
I'm planning on making one of my sis' Marilee's recipes for Thursday. Here is the recipe:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mexican Chicken Tostado

Recipe By :Yolanda
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 5 lb bag boned and skinned chicken breast halves -- fat removed
1 large sweet white onion -- chunked
2 large cans tomato sauce
1 can chile chipotle in adobo sauce (3-4 chiles)
1 cubes Knorr chicken & tomato bouillon
salt and freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
sour cream
refried beans
Mexican cheese (white crumbly kind)
tostados (crisp flat tortilla, flour or corn)

Put chicken, one sliced onion and enough water to cover chicken in a pressure cooker. Check pressure cooker instructions for number of pounds pressure to use. Cook for 20 minutes. Strain, saving broth in an empty tomato sauce can; shred chicken.

Saute remaining onion in oil. Combine shredded chicken and one can of tomato sauce.

Add bouillon cube to broth in can. Mix until dissolved. Add to chicken mix.

Pour remaining tomato sauce into a blender. Add 1 or 2 chiles depending on how hot you want it. Blend and add to chicken mix. Simmer until broth thickens.

To assemble, begin with a tostado, add a smear of refried beens, then some sour cream, chicken mix and then the Mexican cheese. You can add shredded lettuce of whatever you want.

Source:
"Marilee Frigaard"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : This feeds a bunch!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: This week's menu by bjcotton (I'm planning on maki...)
I'm part way through my menu...

Chicken Saltimboca with Laura's Homemade Rice-a-Roni and peas (VG)
Clam Linguine with Creamy Caesar Salad (VG)
Shrimp (salad) Rolls (VG)
Chicken Linguine with Candied Cherry Tomatoes and a Tomato, Mozzerella, Basil Salad (Salad may change)
Korean Grilled Beef (Bulgoki) with Lab's Summer Pasta
Grilled Pizza (toppings TBA) with Insalata Blu
Grilled Buttermilk Chicken with Giada's Eggplant and Goat Cheese Salad

I'll also be making Shirley's Granola and canning beans this week. I picked half a bushel out of the garden today!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: This week's menu by Gourmet_Mom (I'm part way through...)
How do you make homemade Rice-a-Roni Daphne? Isn't it kind of hard to make the rice grains?

Billy
  Re: Re: This week's menu by bjcotton (How do you make home...)
LOL! It's Laura's recipe she posted a while back. It's a mix of rice and orzo cooked in chicken broth...very good! I added frozen peas at the end. It was a nice change from regular rice!
Daphne
  Re: Re: This week's menu by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! It's Laura's r...)
I hadn't had Orzo in a while, so I made it, grated Parmesan into it and enjoyed it for the next couple of days.

Billy
  Re: This week's menu by Trixxee (I need ideas folks! ...)
You mean some folks actually plan for the whole week oh, yeah, I remember doing that when the kids were all around, once upon a time....

PJ

It is a possibility that I'll heat up some leftovers, though.
PJ
  Re: Re: This week's menu by pjcooks (You mean some folks ...)
Oh, I really need to do this! I am terrible at it! But it would make life so much easier. I just always have a lot of staples on hand. But I do end up passing on making many interesting recipes, because I am missing just one or two things. I also try and keep a few dinners in the freezer to make a busy night easier.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: This week's menu by esgunn (Oh, I really need to...)
Masterchef makes it really easy. Insert the dishes into the meal planner and it makes a shopping list for you...Done!
Daphne