OT - Second Trip -- Oregon?
  Re: (...)
Well looks like our Grand Canyon trip this Sept is going to be cancelled till next May. So we have decided to go north. So first stop will be San Fran for the evening to see our daughter, then we'll head north. We're not sure how far up we'll go. Depends on how our bums are feeling.

I know a few of you are up that way, so maybe we can meet up for a cup of coffee or a cooking collaboration We'll mainly hug the coast lines but happy to divert a bit to meet with friends!
  Re: OT - Second Trip -- Oregon? by DFen911 (Well looks like our ...)
If you come up the coast as far as Coos Bay you can give me a call and I can meet you there. From Brookings, OR which is just a mile or two into Oregon on the PCH [Pacific Coast Highway] is ~107 miles. From Roseburg, OR where I live to Coos Bay is ~68 miles. From Yreka, CA to Medford, OR where Tracie [Madmax] lives is about 53 miles up I5. If you needed a place to stay in Coos Bay and I knew the dates you could stay at my sister, Carol's house.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: OT - Second Trip -- Oregon? by bjcotton (If you come up the c...)
What part of September are you heading up, Denise?? We're entertaining Mr & Mrs Old Bay the 21st &22nd - but if it's not those dates, we could come down and all meet somewhere. Billy, Carol has room for us to park our trailer, doesn't she?

We could take over Carol's kitchen!! (poor thing, she'd probably never be the same!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Second Trip -- Oregon? by cjs (What part of Septemb...)
Is Canada on your way????
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: OT - Second Trip -- Oregon? by Lorraine (Is Canada on your wa...)
don't we all wish!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: OT - Second Trip -- Oregon? by DFen911 (Well looks like our ...)
Well if your bums need a rest you could head a bit northeast and come visit us. When are you planning your trip??? That might affect whether you come to Stockton or???????? We'd love to get together!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT - Second Trip -- Oregon? by Harborwitch (Well if your bums ne...)
We will be arriving in San Fran on Sunday the 21st. And then we'll start up north on the 22nd. We plan on doing about 350 miles per day up the coast line. So not sure how far up everyone is or how far up we'll make it as we will have to be back in San Fran on Friday the 26th and leave from there for the long drive home on Sat morning.
  Re: Re: OT - Second Trip -- Oregon? by DFen911 (We will be arriving ...)
Hey, it's doable - we can come down. Where's Billy? We can probably take over his sister's house. or his!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Second Trip -- Oregon? by DFen911 (We will be arriving ...)
I suppose Epping, NH is a little out of your way

Sounds like a great time!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT - Second Trip -- Oregon? by pjcooks (I suppose Epping, NH...)
Please give us a trip report when you get back! One of my best friends moved to Lake Oswego last summer and I'd love to take a road trip there next summer. I've never been further than San Francisco by car and have never been to Oregon.