BBQ Sauce
  Re: (...)
I'm looking for a good BBQ Sauce to mix with shredded pork. I have used a rub on the pork and cooked it in a cider vinegar base liquid. I'm looking for a sauce to make shredded pork sandwiches. Right now the pork is a little too vinegary for me would a sweeter sauce help?
Shirley
  Re: BBQ Sauce by smschwag (I'm looking for a go...)
My favorite ready made BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Ray's Original.
[Image: 2bottles.jpg]

We prefer to serve the sauce on the side.
  Re: Re: BBQ Sauce by HomeCulinarian (My favorite ready ma...)
Shirley, here's one I've been using for a hundred years!
* Exported from MasterCook *

HONEY BBQ SAUCE FOR BBQ PIGS AND HOT DOGS

1 envelope Dry Onion mix
3/4 cup Ketchup
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic -- minced

In a 1 qt. saucepan combine all ingredients. Over high heat, heat to boiling, reduce heat to low. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Description:
"This is the sauce we used for over twenty years on our pig and hot dogs at our annual Pig BBQ - it's a wonderful sauce for just about anything you want to grill."
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: BBQ Sauce by HomeCulinarian (My favorite ready ma...)
Thanks HC, but I haven't seen that brand around here. Also I was kinda wanting a homemade sauce.
Shirley
  Re: Re: BBQ Sauce by cjs (Shirley, here's one ...)
Really Jean, I never dreamed you have been cooking for that many years. I would say that really qualifies as a "tried & true" recipe. It sound great! I will definitely try it next time. I had some of my baby back ribs sauce in the freezer so I decided to use that this time. I wish I could have waited. I was also making the buns and I was afraid when I got the recipe I wouldn't have time to make it. I have copied and saved your recipe for next time. Thanks for posting it for me.
Shirley