Chinese Long Beans with Cracked Black Pepper
  Re: (...)
We made these last night to go with the Mandarin Beef (which was fantastic), and coconut rice with ginger and Chinese chives. Made for a quick dinner.

Chinese Long Beans with Cracked Black Pepper

* fast FAST
* healthy HEALTHY

TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
SERVES: 4
ingredients

* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
* 1 pound Chinese long beans or green beans, cut into 3-inch lengths
* 1/2 medium red bell pepper, peeled with a vegetable peeler and cut into 1/3-inch dice
* 1/2 teaspoon sugar
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper

directions

1. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the long beans and red pepper and stir-fry until the beans are slightly softened and browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Add the sugar and stir to coat. Add the water, cover and cook over moderately low heat until the water has evaporated and the beans are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce and cracked pepper and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a platter and serve.

Recipe by Jean-Georges Vongerichten
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Chinese Long Beans with Cracked Black Pepper by Harborwitch (We made these last n...)
Thanks! We planted some in Virginia.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Chinese Long Beans with Cracked Black Pepper by Lorraine (Thanks! We planted ...)
hmmm, that does sound good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chinese Long Beans with Cracked Black Pepper by cjs (hmmm, that does soun...)
It was the first time I'd ever cooked long beans - they are so good - better than regular!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Chinese Long Beans with Cracked Black Pepper by Harborwitch (It was the first tim...)
Thanks for sharing Sharon. Copied and saved. My bean plants are loaded! I guess I'll be putting on boots to go to the garden today!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.