Friday Night Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to tonight? We're making grilled fish tacos out of halibut with homemade tomatillo salsa and pinto beans & cheese on the side. Mmmm, can't wait.
  Re: Friday Night Dinner? by Trixxee (What's everyone up t...)
Leftovers. Certainly enough, plus I need to make a few things to take to the Yacht Club tomorrow for the big after race dinner tomorrow. It's only going to be 98 - and there is no AC in the Yacht Club - if you don't hear from me again you'll know I melted!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner? by Harborwitch (Leftovers. [img]/u...)
We're going to throw together some BLTs (w/basil and p.butter - and don't anyone dare gag! ) I have a pizza round in the oven turning into a small focaccia to use.

I've got a lot of the prep done for the wedding. Had a slight hiccup - darn QFC! Last Monday, I called to see if I could order 3 spriral cut hams for today and "Bill" told me - oh, no need to order we always have them and always have a lot of them. Right.

Roy drove down to pick them up this a.m and gee, they only had one - and remember this is a small town. So, while he's driving around to the 'other store' ( ), I'm calling the manager of QFC and having a hissy fit. Stupid guy - Bill, not the mgr.

First time QFC has ever dropped the ball for anything I've needed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Well, we're heading to the beach to see Southside Johnny tonight (does anyone remember him?) so we'll probably grab some seafoody thing right there, I think fried clams are in order!

PJ
PJ
We are having Shredded BBQ Pork sandwiches on homemade buns and cole slaw. Haven't decided whether to have a starch or not since the buns are quite large and rich.
Shirley
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner? by smschwag (We are having Shredd...)
Shirley, I wouldn't need a starch with Pulled Pork and Slaw! We went to the Farmer's Market and I bought a loaf of olive sourdough and some local Asiago cheese. I think that'll be supper.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner? by Lorraine (Shirley, I wouldn't ...)
Oh, PJ, fried clams sounds so good - so does Asiago cheese and olive sourdough, and so does pulled pork sandwiches, and so does............... everything

"Southside Johnny" -no, doesn't to me. What era?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner? by cjs (Oh, PJ, fried clams ...)
A little late on this, but then, I've already explained that. Since I'm able to stay on line for the moment, I'll tell you about the wonderful eggplant dish we had last night with my Grilled Buttermilk Chicken.

This is Giada's recipe. Just grill up some 1 inch thick sliced (Japanese, if you can get them...I used small regular) eggplant that has been tossed with olive oil. When done, arrange on a platter and top with toasted pine nuts, shredded basil (she also used a small amount of mint), and crumbled goat cheese. Then drizzle with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper....YUMMY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Friday Night Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (A little late on thi...)
I'm not a big eggplant fan, but that sounds really good, Daphne. duly copied.
www.achefsjourney.com