Lobstergram
  Re: (...)
It's nice to have affluent children. My step-daughter sent her father a lobstergram for father's day. We arranged to have it arrived today. We ate less than half of it. It had 2 1-1/4-1/2 lb lobsters, 18 clams, clam chowder, l pound jumbo shrimp, 2 6oz. filets 2 ears of corn and 4 red bliss potatoes. Whew!

Tonight I served the lobsters, clams and corn. I guess we've aged a bit since we last tried to crack lobsters. The kit came with crackers and little forks, but I've found kitchen shears usually do a better job than crackers. Well, after dredging things in drawn butter, they get slippery and lobster claws were flying across the room and off windows-much to the dismay and glee of us, depending upon whose food was airborn.

I recommend a nice Muscadet. The rest will have to wait until Sunday, as we have an event tomorrow.

Sally
  Re: Lobstergram by lxxf (It's nice to have af...)

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Lobstergram by pjcooks ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
oh my, sounds delicious and dangerous
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lobstergram by cjs (oh my, sounds delici...)
YUMMM! I think I'll have to copy this and send it to my kids! Hint, hint......
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lobstergram by Mare749 (YUMMM! I think I'll...)
I hope my kids get to the point they can do this for us. As it is now, they're bugging us to do it for them...LOL! It has been a while! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lobstergram by Gourmet_Mom (I hope my kids get t...)
Yeah where exactly did they order this thru? What a cool idea

Well I found a lobstergram site and I am loving this! I am so doing this for a friends anniversary.
  Re: Re: Lobstergram by DFen911 (Yeah where exactly d...)
When I was on the Island we'd have a "clam bake" every August. We had 4 or 5 people who were Leo's (including Moi) so this was the ultimate "cat food". Everyone who attended chipped in 35.00 or so and we ordered from Constitution Seafood. Of course the guests contributed wine, good Spanish chorizo, corn, and sides. The lobsters, clams, mussels, chorizo, and corn all went in the pot. We gave up on the potatoes, and shrimp - just too much food. Oh how I miss those days.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!