Gardening
  Re: (...)
Well, the garden wasn't quite as wet as I feared. I just went barefooted and let the mud squish...LOL! Here's a few shots of the garden, the harvest, and a link to the rest of todays pics. The Garden I didn't want to post them all here...too much space.
[Image: Cornrows.jpg]
[Image: Corn.jpg]
[Image: CricketintheSquash.jpg]
[Image: Eggplant.jpg]
[Image: RomaTomatoes-1.jpg]
[Image: Harvest.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Gardening by Gourmet_Mom (Well, the garden was...)
I'm envious, all I have is a few small tomatoes and a few bell peppers...'course that's about all I've planted due to the cold weather.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Gardening by bjcotton (I'm envious, all I h...)
I just want to know how you got that picture of me among the squash.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Gardening by labradors (I just want to know ...)
Funny Labs! That's Cricket. She LOVES the lake, but she likes the camp, too!

I need to get a picture of her "fishing" in the lake...her second favorite pasttime after "fetch". She fishes with a ball or pine cone in her mouth. I swear, the dog has an oral fixation like no other Lab we've ever had!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Gardening by Gourmet_Mom (Funny Labs! That's ...)
Add me to the envious list! All I have is a basil plant. LOL. (We live in a condo with just a porch).
Daphne I am as green as can be. Your garden is beautiful! Those beets are mouthwatering - and the squash!!!! About all I have so far are tomatoes, some teeny squash, and microscopic cucumbers!

This heat will help though!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Gardening by Harborwitch (Daphne I am as green...)
I just finished roasting off the beets...took longer than I figured. I hope I did it right...fork tender? Tomorrow, ravioli! I'll probably do a squash casserole...been a long time...and maybe a pork tenderloin. I'm not sure about the beets, but I'm giving them a try! I remember not liking them cooked as a child...just pickled. We'll see! I can't find enough beet greens worth trying. We didn't use any pesticides, so they're buggy. Oh well!

I'm very pleased with the garden. I wish we had done more potatoes, but after using some of the larger ones for potato salad tonight, had to taste, we've decided to plant some more! YUMMMY! I can't wait until the first corn! No sign of worms...yet. And then there's all those tomatoes! LOTS of them!
Daphne
Oh my, I am so jealous! What a beautiful garden! These are pictures of my piddly little garden - with the coldest June on record!

[Image: DSC_0028.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0027.jpg]

And MY harvest today - not much to write home about, Except the Rhubarb

[Image: DSC_0031.jpg]
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Gardening by Gourmet_Mom (I just finished roas...)
We did potatoes one year - in a HUGE pot in the yard. The flavor was so incredible, so intensely POTATO.

Trying to describe beets - sweet as sugar and earthy. I love them so much. I'm making more ravioli now, taking a break it's hotter than #### in the kitchen right now.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Gardening by Harborwitch (We did potatoes one ...)
Lol well I just harvest my second tomato I am so jealous of the land you have to plant so many wonderful things. I can just taste all the flavors. So it looks like you have lots of extras..I'll go sit on the front porch and wait for the FedEX man. Of course in 108 degree heat here I won't be able to sit out long.

Esgunn you doing the Square Foot gardening? By Bartholomew?