Golden Raisins soaked in Gin
  Re: (...)
William has heard that this is a good thing to eat (9 a day) for arthritis pain. When he was buying the gin, he asked the clerk and she said there were quite a few people that are doing this now. Any of you hear of this?

Funny aside..."Goofball" doesn't HAVE arthritis...LOL! He's says its preventive! RIGHT!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Golden Raisins soaked in Gin by Gourmet_Mom (William has heard th...)
I think my mom tried it - but I don't think it did anything for her. She didn't do it for long, anyway.

That is too funny - preventative - yeah right!

Why not just have your gin on the rocks and a bar snack of trailmix. They can soak in the tummy!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Golden Raisins soaked in Gin by esgunn (I think my mom tried...)
Maybe it's like what a 1970s comedian said about the medical use of marijuana for glaucoma patients: "My grandmother has been doing this. She still can't see, but now she doesn't care." LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Golden Raisins soaked in Gin by labradors (Maybe it's like what...)
yes, I believe in preventative medication...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Golden Raisins soaked in Gin by labradors (Maybe it's like what...)
My grandmother has been doing this. She still can't see, but now she doesn't care

ROFL ROFL ROFL
coming to think of it...I suffer with insomnia hmmmm i think i will prepare a gallon of gin soaked raisins for those sleepless nights oooooohhh yeesss!
I have a question, do golden raisins give you hangovers? NAH! lol
It will probably cure my arthritis too right?
I am pretty sure it will curl my hair hmmm i think i will go market this at the beauty shops
Any one has any ideas how we could put to further good use this HEALTH FOOD? I mean the raisins are organic right? ROFL ROFL ROFL
  Re: Re: Golden Raisins soaked in Gin by lov2cook (coming to think of i...)
My mother in law in South Carolina was a tee toteler and a southern Baptist to boot. She swore by them, but the soaking time got shorter and shorter--the liquid also began to go away--she said it really worked.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Golden Raisins soaked in Gin by Old Bay (My mother in law in ...)
Quote:

My mother in law in South Carolina was a tee toteler and a southern Baptist to boot. She swore by them, but the soaking time got shorter and shorter--the liquid also began to go away--she said it really worked.

LOL! Reminds me of why they always say to take along TWO Baptists when you go fishing: because if you only take one, he'll drink all your beer.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Golden Raisins soaked in Gin by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

That is TOO funny! My whole family, except for my father, were the same way! My grandfather died of Lou Gherig's disease. In the ealier stages, he refused alcohol to help him.

I have shared the "therapy" with my mother...who suffers from arthitis...but she hasn't tried it yet....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We should market this "recipe" under the name "Happinessss in a bodle"