Beet Question
  Re: (...)
Jean's recipe calls for 4 large or 8 medium beets. Mine are very irregularly sized...some the size of marbles, I need to know how Jean's 4 large would measure out roasted. I've got about 2 cups. Should I halve the recipe?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Beet Question by Gourmet_Mom (Jean's recipe calls ...)
I think halving it would work. I had 8 largish medium and had enough for 2 dinners and froze enough for probably a dozen more ravioli.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Beet Question by Harborwitch (I think halving it w...)
One thing I've learned with ravioli - I never match the amount of dough to the filling. I ended up with more dough, so just made some cut pasta with the rest. If it had been the other way, I probably would have tossed the filling with some hot pasta. (oh, that sounds good!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Beet Question by cjs (One thing I've learn...)
I found the coolest site yesterday before the internet went out. It has all kinds of Ingredient Equivalents ...including my beets. I needed to know if I needed to reduce the ricotta and butter so as not to overwhelm the flavor of the beets.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Beet Question by Gourmet_Mom (I found the coolest ...)
that's a great site, Daphne! I have a few books that show different equivalents, but not to that extent.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com