Ricotta Orzo
  Re: (...)
Here is a tasty recipe that we tried recently. Will definately be making this again, especially once I start making my own fresh ricotta. Nice summer dish.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Ricotta Orzo

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 pound orzo
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/4 cups chopped leeks -- rinsed well
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup fresh ricotta
4 strips thick bacon -- cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup whole milk -- warmed
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon chopped dill (or chervil, chives, or parsley)

Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil, Add a tablespoon salt and the pasta. Cook for 4 minutes. Drain, and rinse well. Set aside. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the leeks. Cook until leeks are tender and bright green, about 3 minutes. Add the peas, salt, and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the orzo, ricotta, and bacon, and toss well over medium heat until warm, about 3 minutes. Add the milk, parmesan, and dill and cook for 1 more minute. Serve hot.

Source:
"Country Living - June 2008"
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Ricotta Orzo by Mare749 (Here is a tasty reci...)
Thanks, Maryanne! Got the fresh ricotta, I'm in a risotto/orzo phase at the moment and this fits right in-it sounds really good.

I have MC and haven't done a thing with it, I don't know where to start. So there it sits, taking up space.

Copied and printed.

PJ
PJ
Well - now I have to go see if I have leeks, peas, and orzo! That sounds so good - and easy. Thank you!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sounds great, thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Ricotta Orzo by Lorraine (Sounds great, thanks...)
hmmm, that's dinner tonight with some shrimp, I think. And I do have some l/o homemade ricotta to use up.

Country Living - it's been so long since I've looked at that magazine. I used to subscribe for years.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ricotta Orzo by cjs (hmmm, that's dinner ...)
I rounded up everything last night - and got all ready to fix this for dinner, but no orzo!!! I think it will be dinner tonight. I like the idea of some shrimp too, Jean.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ricotta Orzo by cjs (hmmm, that's dinner ...)
"Country Living - it's been so long since I've looked at that magazine. I used to subscribe for years."

Don't waste your money, Jean. It's almost all advertising. Very disappointing, I won't be buying it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Ricotta Orzo by Mare749 ("Country Living - it...)
OMG! This sounds awesome! Thanks Maryann! I've got everything so on the list of sides...I'm getting tired of potatoes from the garden. Time to find a place to "keep" them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ricotta Orzo by Gourmet_Mom (OMG! This sounds aw...)
Well, we had this last night, but I really can't give it a fair review...I had so any dibs and dabs of things in the fridge to use up that it wouldn't be fair. But, it was wonderful, we really enjoyed it and a great way to use up homemade ricotta when it gets near the end of its time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ricotta Orzo by cjs (Well, we had this la...)
one of our anon friends was looking at this thread - I haven't made this for so long. It's time, I think.
www.achefsjourney.com