Electric Skillet Suggestions
  Re: (...)
hello all - i am new to the forum!

i thought that one of the cuisine at home issues had a 'wares' section that covered electric skillets... but, either i dreamt it, or i lost that issue (not an electric skillet article in any of my binders!)... i am hoping that someone might be able to suggest a skillet to me, mine is on its last leg (literally!)

looking forward to being a part of the forum.
thanks in advance for the info.

adrienne
("notsomuch")
  Re: Electric Skillet Suggestions by JAAAB (hello all - i am new...)
Welcome to the forum Adrienne! We're always happy to have new members. Jump right in and join in the fun. We have a great group of people here.

Sorry I can't help with your question. My electric skillet is an antique, and yes, it's still working! It was my grandmother's and I have no idea what brand it is. Someone will be along shortly with more input.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Welcome!!!! I remember seeing that - somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

I've got a Farberware stainless steel electric frying pan - it's round with a domed lid so that you could actually cook a chicken or something big in it. My ex-MIL had one like it that she used all the time so when I saw this one at a yard sale (maybe 18 years ago) for $5.00 I had to have it. It's still working, although I don't use it frequently. I dearly love it and keep dragging it around with me. I think they're still making them.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Electric Skillet Suggestions by Harborwitch (Welcome!!!! I remem...)
I think that it was in the new June issue. I will be interested in the responses because I have never had an electric skillet and am thinking of getting one.
Brenda
I got an All Clad for my birthday--not non stick--but wonderful!! Like a new burner on the stove. All Clad quality. Our kids will get it sooner or later-(two will fight over it!!)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Electric Skillet Suggestions by Old Bay (I got an All Clad fo...)
Welcome Adrienne - My old electric skillet gave up the ghost a few years ago and I replaced it with a Farberware (?? I think), but it's packed downstairs still in the original box. I haven't even used it yet. Maybe if I brought it up I'd think to use it.

hmmm, an All Clad - must be a wonderful one!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Electric Skillet Suggestions by cjs (Welcome Adrienne - M...)
Welcome Adrienne! I'm glad you found us!

I have not used an electric skillet in years, but I saw that article and thought...hmmm? It is indeed in the June issue. Now, I must say, Old Bay's All Clad sounds like the deal, but if you're interested, here is what Cuisine at Home has to say. The "favorite" is the Cuisinart CSK-150 ($99.99). The other two "mentions" are the Black & Decker Extra-Deep Multi-Cuisine Grande ($54.99) and the Presto 16" Electric Skillet ($39.99). There is also a "onlinesource/electric skillet" "button" on the page, so you may want to try that since you're a subscriber. Since I'm new to this, I have as yet "gone there" for more info on anything.

Come back often and enjoy the fun!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Electric Skillet Suggestions by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome Adrienne! I...)
Hello Adriene, and welcome. I still have the electric skillet that came with my "Lifetime Pots" hundreds of years ago when the Dead Sea was only sick. It's still working too. Choose a good one within your price level would be my advice dear, the best you can afford without hurting and you will be sure to get years of good service. Best of luck in your quest,hon. Good to see a new face too.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Electric Skillet Suggestions by farnfam (Hello Adriene, and w...)
"Dead sea was only sick"--Great!! The art of creativity is hiding your source--I've never heard that before--in my mind you created it!! Love it.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Electric Skillet Suggestions by Old Bay ("Dead sea was only s...)
Cis
Empress for Life