Daphne's Crab 'Pots'
  Re: (...)
"We started with crab dip stuffed prettily in a little bread bowl, interesting presentation. It was like the crab dip was cooked in the bread. There was just a small hole in the top with a large shrimp balanced on top. The bread "ball" was a little larger than a softball."

Could not not play with this - company was coming to enjoy Capt. Jay's catch(es) of the day, so added it to the menu! Oh my, this is so good and such a pretty dish.

[Image: crabpotcover.jpg]

I filled the bread with crab dip and put in oven until hot and the bread was nice and crispy, just broke apart for easy eating!

[Image: crabpots.jpg]

Next time I'm going to fill them with a crab salad instead of the dip and I'll bet they will be even easier to eat. Everyone just ooohed and aahhhed and loved these little goodies.

thanks for mentioning them, Daphne - What a nice start to a light dinner party they will be.

But, now we need a name for them - Roy came up with 'crab pots' but that just doesn't sound classy enough for them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Daphne's Crab 'Pots' by cjs ("We started with cra...)
They look more like curling stones. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Daphne's Crab 'Pots' by labradors (They look more like ...)
They do look scrumptious! Did you do the rolls yourself? How about "Crab a la Baton?" A baton is a loaf of bread smaller than a baquette.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Yummy!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Daphne's Crab 'Pots' by luvnit (Yummy!...)
No, I didn't make them - found some nice crusty dinner rolls at Safeway.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Daphne's Crab 'Pots' by luvnit (Yummy!...)
WOW! Jean, you work fast! Aren't they cute! I knew they would be show-stoppers!

Well, crab puffs won't work, nor will crab rolls (or would it?). Crab pots is cute, but I see what you mean about classy. HMMMMM? I'll have to give it some thought!

Now, do you have a FAB she crab soup recipe?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Boy do those look good! Easy and oh so pretty. Hmmmmmm - must go play in the kitchen today.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Those look so incredibly delicious. Hmmm, we have Von's instead of Safeway. I wonder if they sell those rolls there? Would they be in the fresh bakery section?
  Re: Re: Daphne's Crab 'Pots' by Trixxee (Those look so incred...)
How about "mini crab caldrons"?
  Re: Re: Daphne's Crab 'Pots' by Trixxee (How about "mini crab...)
Those look amazing, Jean. Very, very nice!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."