Help!! Lost Issue 60! - Mu shu pork app?
  Re: (...)
Lost our copy of issue 60. Want to make mu shu pork in wanton cups for Mother's 70th birthday. Anybody can help me with this one?
  Re: Help!! Lost Issue 60! - Mu shu pork app? by HerbMinke (Lost our copy of iss...)
Here ya go, and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Mu Shu Wonton Cups
(Cuisine at home, December 2006, Issue 60, p. 41)

Makes: 24 Cups Total Time: 45 Minutes Rating: Easy

Brush and Bake:
24 wonton wrappers
2 T. unsalted butter, melted
4 T. plum or hoisin sauce, divided

Mix and Whisk:
1 cup pork loin, diced
5 T. soy sauce, divided
3 T. chicken broth or water
1 T. sugar
1 T. toasted sesame oil
2 t. cornstarch

Heat, Add, and Simmer:
2 t. vegetable oil
3/4 cup carrot, shredded
3/4 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
3/4 cup scallions, sliced

Fill and Garnish:
Sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Brush both sides of wonton wrappers with butter; tuck into mini-muffin cups. Bake 6–8 min., or until golden. When cool, brush insides of cups using 2 T. plum sauce.

Mix pork with remaining 2 T. plum sauce and 1 T. soy sauce. In another bowl, whisk remaining 4 T. soy sauce with broth, sugar, sesame oil, and cornstarch; set aside.

Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high; add pork and saute 3 minutes. Stir in carrot, bell pepper, and scallions; cook 3 minutes, then add broth mixture. Simmer until sauce is syrupy, about 1 minute.

Fill cups with pork mixture; garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Help!! Lost Issue 60! - Mu shu pork app? by bjcotton (Here ya go, and welc...)
Thank you! Thank You!!!

Love this magazine, now love this forum!
  Re: Re: Help!! Lost Issue 60! - Mu shu pork app? by HerbMinke (Thank you! Thank You...)
Welcome to the forum!!

hmmmm, did I make this? looks familiar.... crap, #60 is the one that is lost at my house also!!!! (Tracie, are you sure..... )

might have to make again (?) to see.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com