using eggplant
  Re: (...)
Has anyone ever tried using cooked eggplant in meatballs? I came across an interesting recipe that I was thinking of trying. It calls for 2 lbs. of ground meat and 1 pound of cooked egg plant to be added to the mix along with all the usual seasonings.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: using eggplant by Mare749 (Has anyone ever trie...)
Never thought about it---but , could be interesting. I have no idea what the 2-1 meatball would resemble--it might need a serious panko or cornmeal coating and browning before the next step--could be very tasty--I love eggplant.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: using eggplant by Old Bay (Never thought about ...)
Have heard of it, but don't remember where.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: using eggplant by labradors (Have heard of it, bu...)
That does sound interesting - hope you try and let us know.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: using eggplant by cjs (That does sound inte...)
I will be trying it this next week. It's from an old Frugal Gourmet cookbook (I know, I know....) that I was browsing through the other night before going to sleep.
I'm thinking it will be a very moist meatball. Anyway, I will post a review and recipe if it's good.
Maryann

Re: Re: using eggplant by Mare749 (I will be trying it ...)
I bet it will be good Maryann, there would just be the problem of not eating all the eggplant up immediately after it was cooked. In my house it would never ever make it to the meatballs
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: using eggplant by farnfam (I bet it will be goo...)
I know what you mean, Cis, but this recipe sounds awfully good, so I'm going to restrain myself. After mixing up the meatballs, eggplant and all the seasonings, the meatballs are browned, then put into a baking dish with pasta sauce, sprinkled with parmesan, then topped with slices of muenster and baked till hot. Doesn't that sound tasty?
Maryann

Re: Re: using eggplant by Mare749 (I know what you mean...)
sounds decadent!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: using eggplant by cjs (sounds decadent!! [i...)
I can't wait to hear about your results. My three little plants are about ready to bear fruit and my crowd said they didn't really like my "salad" that I made a while back. Made in meatballs would definitely make them more usefull.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.