Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza)
  Re: (...)
Been a long time since I've thrown food away...but, we talked of this particular pizza (can't find the recipe tho) on a couple of threads - "Khachapuri - Greek Pizza" and "Ladenia (Greek Pizza)."

I made the dough a while back and just put in freezer. Used it last night for a Margharita pizza - well, kind of. Used a little basil, but a lot of fresh oregano and that was really good. The dough is just awful - it's tastes like some kind of a bisquick doughy bread thing. Yuck. We scraped off the topping and ate that and threw the base away.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) by cjs (Been a long time sin...)
Hi Everyone, This is my first post.Check out Kalofagas blog. Scroll down and there is a recipe and photo's for Ladenia. I haven't tried this recipe yet but have made other recipes from Kalofagas blog.
http://kalofagas.blogspot.com/
rosie
  Re: Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) by ktsrosie (Hi Everyone, This is...)
7/29/07???? My goodness, where have you been for almost a year, ktsrosie??? Welcome!

I looked at the blog - the Greek 'pesto' sounds wonderful! - and the pizza dough is much more like my dough. What I made was just awful and looking at the ingredients again, I can see why.

4 cups self-rising flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups milk
olive oil for brushing

Does look like a bisquick dough, doesn't it?? I'm glad it's not a typical pizza dough from Greece.

Good looking recipes on the blog - thanks for posting the link.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) by cjs (7/29/07???? My goodn...)
Hi, Guess you can say I've been lurking on and off at this site. Bill (Old Bay) told me what a Great bunch you all are. The milk and self rising flour does make it sound like bisquick. Will be stopping in here more frequently. Have a Happy Fourth.
rosie
  Re: Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) by ktsrosie (Hi, Guess you can sa...)
Welcome, Rosie. Thanks for the link. I've searched through the blog, and have bookmarked the recipe for Pastitsio. Can't wait to try it. Where I live, they sell bucatini, but the package says macarron. Ever since I noticed that they have it, I've wanted to make Pastitsio. I'll have to give it a try soon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) by labradors (Welcome, Rosie. Tha...)
Yes, welcome Rosie! Please come back often!

I liked the sight also. Later I want to go back and explore more! The only thing I like better than Greek food is Italian...YUM! Thanks for sharing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) by ktsrosie (Hi, Guess you can sa...)
So glad you took that step!!! You will enjoy this bunch--I have for years.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Lathenia tis Alikis (Greek Pizza) by Old Bay (So glad you took tha...)
Thank you all for the warm welcome. And hello to Bill and Jane.
rosie