Looking for help finding a recipe
  Re: (...)
I purchased a copy of the magazine one month. It had a receipe for Beef filet steaks on the grill. The steaks were covered with rub that included if I remember correctly Pepper, Kosher Salt, and possibly some sugar.

I can't find the issue, does anyone remember this rub that could get me the issue number, a copy of the recipe, or instructions on how to purchase and download a copy of that issue?

Thanks
  Re: Looking for help finding a recipe by sroxberg (I purchased a copy o...)
Here's what my Magazine Recipe Index found on a search for "steak":
Code:
Code:
VOL    YEAR    ISSUE    MON    ARTICLE[br]1    1997    4    8    Grilling Steak[br]1    1997    4    8    Pan-Fried Steak & Beurre Rouge Sauce[br]5    2001    28    8    Ancho-Fired Flank Steak[br]7    2003    39    6    Steak au Poivre with Brandy Cream Sauce[br]8    2004    44    4    Japanese Steak Rolls[br]9    2005    49    2    Steak Diane[br]9    2005    50    4    Argentine stuffed flank steak[br]9    2005    51    6    Steak bruschetta[br]10    2006    57    6    Italian Steak Sandwich[br]10    2006    57    6    Steak rumaki[br]11    2007    62    4    Steak Milanese

It may have been listed under "beef," instead, so here are those results, as well:
Code:
Code:
VOL    YEAR    ISSUE    MON    ARTICLE[br]1    1997    6    12    Tenderloin of Beef[br]3    1999    14    4    Corned Beef Dinner[br]3    1999    17    10    Beef Pot Roast[br]4    2000    24    12    Herb-Encrusted Beef Tenderloin with Cabernet Sauce[br]6    2002    31    2    Beef Tenderloin with Stroganoff Sauce[br]7    2003    37    2    Beef Bourguignonne[br]7    2003    41    10    Classic Roast Beef[br]7    2003    42    12    Beef Wellington[br]8    2004    46    8    Teriyaki Fired Beef Wraps[br]8    2004    48    12    Beef tip stroganoff[br]10    2006    59    10    Jalapeno beef[br]11    2007    61    2    Southwestern Beef Tenderloin[br]11    2007    62    4    Whiskey Glazed Corned Beef[br]11    2007    65    10    Beef Bourguignon[br]11    2007    66    12    Peppered Beef Filets

From what you described, it sounds like either the first one from the "steak" search or the last one from the "beef" search would be the most likely. It could also be from one of this year's issues, which I haven't put into the index, yet.

Good luck.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Looking for help finding a recipe by labradors (Here's what my [url=...)
Wow, that was fast, thanks.

It is the 11 2007 66 12 Peppered Beef Filets that I'm after.

All I need is the recipe for the rub, I belive it was pepper, brown sugar, and some salt.

The wife wants it for lunch today. I'll probably buy the bound annual volume the next time I'm in Des Moines, but need help today.
  Re: Re: Looking for help finding a recipe by sroxberg (Wow, that was fast, ...)
That's a tough call, it being the holiday and all. Maybe some of the members with access to the archives will pop in. Jean has been in a couple times, so hopefully, she will be on soon to help you. That or maybe Billy will take time away from his fun at Sharon's to access them for you.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Looking for help finding a recipe by Gourmet_Mom (That's a tough call,...)
Don't think that's the one - Issue 66 only has peppercorn blend ad kosher salt.

I wish I had time to search for you, but I just popped in for a minutes-in case I was missing something...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Looking for help finding a recipe by cjs (Don't think that's t...)
I'm sorry, but I'm not home and can't remember the URL for the other site and so, can't help you now. If someone has the URL I can go check.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Looking for help finding a recipe by bjcotton (I'm sorry, but I'm n...)
could this be the one you're looking for????

Sugar-Rubbed New York Strip Steak
(Cuisine at home, April 2006, Issue 56, p. 14?15)

Makes: 1 Steak, 3 Cups Salad and 1/3 Cup Vinaigrette Total Time: About 30 Minutes Rating: Easy

For the Steak—
Combine; Press on:
2 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. ground black pepper
1/2 t. kosher salt
1 New York strip steak, 1–11/2

For the Salad—
Toss Together:
3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled

Saute; Deglaze and Finish with:
1 strip thick-sliced bacon, minced
2 T. shallots, minced
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
2 t. brown sugar
1 t. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
2 T. olive oil

Drizzle Vinaigrette over; Serve with:
Prepared salad and steak
Baked potatoes

Preheat oven to 450?; heat an ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium.

Combine 2 T. brown sugar, pepper, and salt in a bowl. "Press" sugar mixture onto both sides of the steak, then sear it on one side until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip steak and brown the second side for 2 minutes, then transfer pan to the oven to finish (about 8 minutes for medium-rare). Remove steak and let rest on a cutting board.

Toss lettuce, tomatoes, and blue cheese together while steak is in the oven; chill until ready to serve.

Saute bacon in a small skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; add shallots and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Deglaze with vinegar, then whisk in 2 t. brown sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Finish vinaigrette with oil and keep warm. To serve, cut steak in half and place each half on serving plates. Divide salad between the steaks.

Drizzle steak and salad with the warm vinaigrette. Serve with baked potatoes, if desired.

-----
It's the only one I could find - I suppose it's too late now...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Looking for help finding a recipe by cjs (could this be the on...)
Yes, that's it thank you so much. I forgot they wanted it on a Strip.

Thank you so much, by the way I've done this one two or three times before losing the issue, or hopefully misplacing it, and it is fantastic.

Thanks to everyone who helped.