My New Tagine
  Re: (...)
Here is what I ordered yesterday....why? I wanted one!

[Image: Tagine.gif%5Bbr%5D]

The charcoal base doesn't come with it. It's 13" wide and 12" high and cost $39.99 plus shipping which was about $19. I'm so excited.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My New Tagine by bjcotton (Here is what I order...)
I am so jealous! That is so pretty and I want one. That will have to be the next addition to the kitchen. But, since I just got the Food Saver, I'll have to wait a little while. Does it come with recipes? What are you planning to make?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My New Tagine by Mare749 (I am so jealous! Tha...)
good for you, Billy. I've used mine twice and haven't used it since...hopefully it's a winter thing - I hate to think it's going to sit on the shelf with some other goodies I "had" to have...

Are you home now? How was the visit to Sharon & Bobs?? What all did you guys cook?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My New Tagine by cjs (good for you, Billy....)
He's still here! We aren't done cooking yet! We're just having so much fun. Giggle. Wish you were here!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Oh wow Billy post a picture of the tagine and t he meal when you fix it

And speaking of which would anyone have a KA grain mill or any other flour fine grain mill that you would like to sell? I am interested in one
I have seen those but didn't know the name of the pot - what do you cook in those??????? I am super interested as we love new gadgets/pots/things for the kitchen -
  Re: Re: My New Tagine by (I have seen those bu...)
Sonja, here are a few of the threads where we all discussed getting/having a tagine and what to do with it - when you have some spare time to read.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post45571

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post46641

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post49026
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My New Tagine by cjs (Sonja, here are a fe...)
Oh Billy, that looks sooo cool! I'll be waiting for my purchase until I get the family used to the types of foods you cook in it...LOL! William's been very supportive, but there are some things I looks at and shakes his head...LOL!

When it arrives, you have got to tell us what you make in it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My New Tagine by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Billy, that looks...)
Sharon showed me a Moroccan cookbook she has and some of the recipes in it just sound and look stupendous. Of course I'd use beef, pork, or chicken instead of lamb some of the recipes call for, but they look absolutely wonderful.

We have cooked Minted Chicken, Mexican pulled pork with mole, and the Shrimp Parfait from the new LCBO magazine with an Asian Slaw on the side. I looked at the Minted Chicken with a jaundiced eye, but it was excellent. It called for a cup of packed mint...that's a lot of mint. Tonight we are making comfort food...meatloaf with macaroni & cheese on the side.

I was going to leave on the 8th, but then realized that's tomorrow, so changed it to the 9th...maybe even the 10th. But I need to get home and pay the bills.

Here's the cookbooks I ordered: Moroccan by Ghillie Basan, a Food Lover's Collection; The Soul of A New Cuisine by Marcus Samuelsson, A discovery of the foods and flavors of Africa; and, Susanna Foo Fresh Inspiration, New approaches to Chinese cuisine. I am looking forward to cooking out of all of them. I decided Paul would just have to get his tongue in the adventurous mode Me too!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: My New Tagine by Harborwitch (Sharon showed me a M...)
stick 'em all in your bag when you head up this direction!!! (please...)
www.achefsjourney.com