Heading Home
  Re: (...)
I decided yesterday that I would leave about 10:00 AM today for home. It's supposed to be 107°F today and 108°+F tomorrow, plus the smoke from the Calif. fires is terrible and getting worse here. I don't want to take the chance that the Interstate will be blocked by fire/smoke, plus they are supposed to start "repairing" the freeway through this area shortly. I've never driven on a worse surface...unless it's dirt. Potholes, etc, it's just awful. Anyway, I'll be off just after rush hours.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Heading Home by bjcotton (I decided yesterday ...)
"I've never driven on a worse surface...unless it's dirt." ...and to hear my mother tell the story, "It's all that a$$ Jerry Brown's fault!" My mother can hold a grudge longer than anyone I've ever seen.

safe trip!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Heading Home by bjcotton (I decided yesterday ...)
Safe journeys, Billy, see you when you get home!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Heading Home by pjcooks (Safe journeys, Billy...)
Gee, it's quiet around here . . . we miss him already! I have no one to play with in the kitchen!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Heading Home by Harborwitch ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
He's complaining--that's a good sign. Welcome back, Billy! My dad used to say with mudslides, fires, earthquakes, and storms,--can we afford California?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Heading Home by Old Bay (He's complaining--th...)
Safe travels, Billy.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Heading Home by Lorraine (Safe travels, Billy....)
I just got a call from him - he's home safe! It's so quiet around here and there's nothing going on in the kitchen (oh, it's too freakin' hot! That's why he left!).

Re: Re: Heading Home by Harborwitch (I just got a call fr...)
Quote:

I just got a call from him - he's home safe! It's so quiet around here and there's nothing going on in the kitchen (oh, it's too freakin' hot! That's why he left!).

Hey, fix a margarita--I'll join you--cool,smooth, lethal--see you tomorrow. My best, Bill
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Heading Home by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
A Margarita sounds good! Hmmmm Cadillac Margarita!! Come on over!
  Re: Re: Heading Home by Harborwitch (A Margarita sounds g...)
I'm home! I miss Bob and Sharon too...I told them they should have come with me, it's only 85.7°F here now. I put my pizza stone in the oven, preheated it and put a p'zone from Pizza Hut in to heat. It's only a week old, so it should still be good
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy