Blitz Bread
  Re: (...)
It's too hot to be thinking of this, and yet I think I'm going to try this. Supposed to rain tomorrow anyway. Doesn't this look so yummy, and the possibilities are endless.
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2008...forever-honest/
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Blitz Bread by farnfam (It's too hot to be t...)
Oh that looks so good - it's too hot to bake here, but it looks like something I could put in a pan on the grill and bake, like the popcorn bread we did! Thank you for posting this - it looks like a major winner!

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Blitz Bread by Harborwitch (Oh that looks so goo...)
Oh cis, I'm with you - that has to be made immediately!! Thankfully, we're just having great moderate weather. It's on the menu for today!

Thanks for posting this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blitz Bread by cjs (Oh cis, I'm with you...)
Yum! I'll bet the dough overflows my 5 qt KA bowl.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Blitz Bread by bjcotton (Yum! I'll bet the d...)
On the grill sounds like a great idea too, Sharon. You'd use a metal pan right? Let me know how it goes for you please, I think that'd work for camping, I could maybe make the dough ahead and raise the dough in a plastic bag on the way to camp. It'd be ready to grill soon after setting up camp. And it'd go great with that sausage, clams and greens dish we like to do the first nite.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Blitz Bread by bjcotton (Yum! I'll bet the d...)
It'll mix up just fine in your KA Sweetie. Popcorn bread pushes mine - but it works and it's twice the flour. Go for it! Paul will love you for it.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Blitz Bread by Harborwitch (It'll mix up just fi...)
I can't wait to make this! Thanks Cis!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Blitz Bread by farnfam (It's too hot to be t...)
Wow, does that look good! Thank you Cis! I wonder what other kinds of cheese could be used in this?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Blitz Bread by Mare749 (Wow, does that look ...)
shoot, they're working on our gas line today...will have to wait till tomorrow to make this! Hate when work interferes with my playing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Blitz Bread by cjs (shoot, they're worki...)
Just took my first batch out of the oven, it looks and smells wonderful. I topped it with basil (I have a ton) and thin tomato slices and used Asiagio. When mixing the dough I used Adobo for a flavoring. This was sure easy!! and it tastes sooo good
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life