Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review
  Re: (...)
Spice-Grilled halibut in Spanish Shrimp Sauce from the Weeknight Grilling Book (C@H) - well, we were certainly under-whelmed. darn, what a waste of the last of my prawns in the freezer....

[Image: SpanishHalibut.jpg]

I had high hopes for it as I plated it, but twas not to be - just a bland really nothing. *sigh*
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review by cjs (Spice-Grilled halibu...)
I'm sorry Jean! Sure looks good though!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review by bjcotton (I'm sorry Jean! Sur...)
Yup, looks good! Don't you hate to loose such a precious ingredient? Oh well...it's not like all the rest of us haven't been there before at one time or another.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review by Gourmet_Mom (Yup, looks good! Do...)
I'm glad you review the disappointments, as well as the successes, Jean. I tend to overlook the recipes that don't work, certain I've done something wrong, not even thinking the recipe may not be the best.

I guess it's a good thing we don't have a thread named "Recipes Gone Wrong"

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review by pjcooks (I'm glad you review ...)
Just a quick note on this one----there is another recipe VERY similar to this one in Issue 55 that I have made a few times and is absolutely delicious!!!! I compared both recipes and, even though they are pretty similar, the small changes make a very dramatic difference in the end result!

We enjoy the Issue 55 recipe----I see why the "Weeknight Grilling" would be a bit of a disappointment. There is a lack of the essential taste ingredients......

Sorry you were disappointed with this Jean---maybe you will try #55 sometime-------

Did you use Halibut? I do not have access to that here and used Kingklip---similar in taste and texture.

Will chat later!!!

Roxanne
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Halibut In Spanish Shrimp Sauce Review by Roxanne 21 (Just a quick note on...)
Yes, I used one of my precious pkgs. of halibut....

Will look at the other version, thanks Roxanne
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com