Dinner Tonight (Monday)?
  Re: (...)
I've had so much fun smoking bits and pieces of meats, that I'm doing a charcuterie platter for dinner tonight. I've got duck legs/thighs, brats, pork loin chop, chix thighs and I'll add some potato salad, and red onion marmalade or grilled onion & tomato salad....decisions, decisions. And of course some good mustard also.

I was lazy yesterday and ended up just marinating the duck legs, brats and pork loin chop in Guinness stout and then putting in the smoker - how easy and how delicious. (with apple wood) Backing off the smoking for a week or so, I'm afraid we'll get tired of it. But, next time I do want to do some scallops and I haven't done fish for a long time.

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tonight (Monday)? by cjs (I've had so much fun...)
I'm new to cooking so this may seem strange, but I'm going to try tuna steaks. I never at it before and since we don't eat enough fish we're going to give it a try. I found a great recipe I can not wait to try. We'll probably have some sauteed mushrooms, parsley, and garlic with it and a boring backed potato (trying to get rid of them). I doubt my kids will be interested in menu, so i'm gonna give them some fun, healthy finger food.
I want more!!!
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight (Monday)? by NoviceCheffette (I'm new to cooking s...)
Welcome to Cuisine at Home forum, Sommer!!! And all the way from Germany - good to see you.

If you haven't cooked tuna steaks before, as you did mention, keep in mind that tuna can be very dry. I hope the recipe you are using has a marinade or baste to keep the tuna moist. Good Luck!!

Please come back often.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tonight (Monday)? by cjs (I've had so much fun...)
Not sure what we'll have here. DH is making up a last batch of stuffed grape leaves. We might have those with some good pita bread. Not sure what we'll do for sides.
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight (Monday)? by mlucas1 (Not sure what we'll ...)
Welcome, Sommer! Hope your tuna goes well. It's a funny thing: even the smell of canned tuna turns my stomach, but fresh tuna I like. Definitely keep in mind what Jean said, and make sure it doesn't get too dry.

As for me: I think I'll make a meatloaf tonight. Will decide on the veggies when I see what looks good at the store.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight (Monday)? by labradors (Welcome, Sommer! Ho...)
Welcome Sommer! Oh boy, someone else we can pick their brain for interesting "stuff!" I hope you enjoy our company. We have lots of fun, advice, and recipes.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight (Monday)? by bjcotton (Welcome Sommer! Oh ...)
I think I'll do LJ's Fettucine with Creamy Tomato Italian Sausage Sauce Recipe. Boy, that's a mouth full!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight (Monday)? by NoviceCheffette (I'm new to cooking s...)
Welcome, Sommer! Enjoy your tuna steaks, I love them quickly seared and off the grill with a drizzle of good olive oil and fresh herbs.

I'm going to do Billy's dinner tonight, kids willing! Nothing like being a bit late

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight (Monday)? by pjcooks (Welcome, Sommer! En...)
We are just back from three days of camping at the beach so I'm backing away from the grill for the evening. I'm planning on making some marinara sauce to top some Costco grilled chicken & mozzarella ravioli with. Standard green salad and a toasted baguette too.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight (Monday)? by Trixxee (We are just back fro...)
Oops- and welcome Sommer! I love grilled tuna steaks!