Recipe Review
  Re: (...)
I made the ribs and the buttermilk potato salad from the current issue and they were amazing. The potato salad was refreshing and had a light flavor enough though the dressing itself was quite thick. It was a nice change to the traditional mayo/vinegar/mustard type one. And the ribs were amazing. They were some of the best I have had from a "do it yourself" perspective. We are definitely making this meal again. Nest time we will also try the lemon shake ups but since we had some "red roosters" to finish we decided to hold off on making those.
  Re: Recipe Review by Emmasmum (I made the ribs and ...)
Guess I'd better take the current issue with me to Portland then huh? Thanks for the review.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Recipe Review by bjcotton (Guess I'd better tak...)
Which rib dish did you do? There are quite a few varations in that issue.

Shoot, just saw the Lemon Shake-ups - off to make the syrup for cocktail time today!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipe Review by cjs (Which rib dish did y...)
I guess I better go through my mail and see if the new issue arrived while I was gone!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
I have heard tale of these Lemon Shake-ups and if my crystal ball is working, these will be in my near future too...

Let me know how they are, if you have a chance.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Recipe Review by luvnit (I have heard tale of...)
Lemon Shake -Up recipe would be appreciated by two cocktail lovers in NNY
Please TIA
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Recipe Review by farnfam (Lemon Shake -Up reci...)
Here you go.

Lemon Shake-ups

While a canning jar is the perfect shaking and serving vessel, a cocktail shaker will work too.
Makes 6 drinks
Total time: 30 minutes

1-1/4 cups sugar
1-1/4 cups water
6 cups crushed ice, divided
3/4 cup rum, divided
3/4 cup Triple sec, divided
6 lemons, halved, divided
Club soda

Dissolve sugar in water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes. Transfer syrup to a bowl; cool completely.
Fill each jar with 1 cup ice, 1/3 cup prepared sugar syrup, 2 T. rum, and 2 T. Triple sec; squeeze juice of 1 lemon in each jar (reserve 6 squeezed lemon halves). Cover jars with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously to combine.
Top each drink with club soda, and garnish with a reserved squeezed lemon half.
  Re: Re: Recipe Review by jend (Here you go.[br][br]...)
I posted a review and these are just great!! Sorry, emmasmum, I guessed at a few people who I thought had posted this idea and I missed it being you! Thanks for bringing this one up - what a nice afternoon drink it is.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I made the ribs on the cover. I used baby backs instead of spare because it was what I had. If I used these again I would only cook like 1:30 in oven because they were so tender I could barely get them o the grill.
  Re: Re: Recipe Review by Emmasmum (I made the ribs on t...)
I made a similar recipe from the Weeknight Grilling book. They were really good. I usually prebake ribs before grilling and have found that if you allow them to cool, they will hold together better on the grill. And, at 300, 1:30 is long enough to bake them. Also, we prefer the baby back ribs to spare ribs because they are just easier to handle.