What's for Dinner? Wednesday
  Re: (...)
Finally making the Shrip Sushi Parfaits!! Some friends are coming, so will get out the martini glasses.

(I still have not taken the cover off the new issue of LCBO - maybe today... )

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner? Wednesday by cjs (Finally making the ...)
Hmmm....not sure yet, but was thinking that maybe BLT's might be tasty. We both get home late today, so it will have to be something easy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Mister and I are having pork country ribs, with some of that leftover buttermilk potato salad and some green beans from the garden. He is going to smoke the ribs - I rubbed them last night and will marinade them today. Shrimp Parfait sounds really cool and scrumptious. We get a lot of fresh seafood here and we eat of lot of it in the season.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner? Wednesday by (Mister and I are hav...)
It's hot and humid here, so maybe grilled hot dogs, leftover potato salad and coleslaw.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner? Wednesday by Lorraine (It's hot and humid h...)
Last night we were going to have a Chef's salad, Gingered Carrot Soup, mac & cheese; the soup, mac & cheese were so good we skipped the salad, so we'll have that tonight. I bought 2 pounds of thick cut Hickory Smoked Bacon, so think I will do that in the oven and maybe add BLTs just for the heck of it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Haddock en pappiote on the grill, grilled new potatoes and baby sweet peas. His haddock with toasted, buttered Ritz crumbs, and mine with lemon, fresh tarragon and thyme. Doesn't get any easier than this, 20 min start to finish.

BLTs sound good, I happen to have some thick sliced bacon already cooked up. That should be tomorrow's dinner. Maybe with some turkey, maybe I'll do the C@H weekly recipe, come to think of it.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner? Wednesday by pjcooks (Haddock en pappiote ...)
Tonight was Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs! YUMMMY! I go smart this time and froze half of the meat before frying. Easy meal for another day! Oh, and we had peas as a side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner? Wednesday by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight was Grandmot...)
We had bacon sandwiches and leftover Gingered Carrot soup, Thompson seedless green grapes and Clementine Tangerines for dessert.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner? Wednesday by bjcotton (We had bacon sandwic...)
Quote:

We had bacon sandwiches...

Okay. Now ya got me jonesin'.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner? Wednesday by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, I add my vote to the Sushi parfaits!! Served them last night for company and we all loved them!

[Image: sushiparfait.jpg]

I'm hoping the winery will choose these as an appy for one of their dos soon - what a pretty presentation also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com